BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Hot Pink Ouija rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584998,00.html

Now we know why Ouija is not listed...it is considered a REAL threat;

"There's a spiritual reality to it and Hasbro is treating it as if it's just a game," said Stephen Phelan, communications director for Human Life International, which bills itself as the largest international pro-life organization and missionary worldwide. "It's not Monopoly. It really is a dangerous spiritual game and for [Hasbro] to treat it as just another game is quite dishonest."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh
I wonder if Stephen is currently preparing Voodoo dolls of Hasbro execs, or trying to remember how to throw fireballs at heathens (Provided his level is high enough). But he's probably too busy shooting black cats, exorcizing spastic children and watching the old hag from across the streets for suspicious witch-activities.

"It's a portal to the underworld! Also, if you try to eat it whole you might choke! And that moving thing is pointy, just like an ICBM!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can't contact the netherworld with something made by Parker Brothers. No proof on that, just a hunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delp1871 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can't contact the netherworld with something made by Parker Brothers. No proof on that, just a hunch.

However, Milton Bradley is another story...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luna Lovegood
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing what people believe. My cousin recently told me never to use tarot cards (and Ouija boards, actually) b/c they were a portal (which she spelled port hole) for the devil to come through. What makes it even funnier is that this is the same person who says she can see ghosts and read palms. And yet tarot cards are evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debi Florey
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Pink Ouija board is pretty safe! It only summons pretty demons with long hair that chew gum and want to go to the mall to shop for designer shoes. Oh and I need to get one!

Debi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wickson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another example of biased FoxNews paranormal articles.
Why is there no mention of the ideomotor effect in this story?yuk

http://www.wyrdology.com/mind/ideomotor.html

As a Tarot game player I'm especially displeased with FoxNews for promoting Tarot card readers without mentioning these cards were made for games.

Tarot
I think Tarot players should become active and respond to one-sided media stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wickson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A spoof article on the Pink Ouija
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i68473
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.