Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 15 of the 1.4 rules states that "Unequipped Heroes cannot attack."

What is the definition of an unequipped hero? Does this mean a hero who does not have a weapon? (I doubt it.)

But what is the definition of "unequipped?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
Does this mean a hero who does not have a weapon? (I doubt it.)

But what is the definition of "unequipped?"

That is precisely what it means!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Ok thank you.

But that means an elf wizard without a weapon cannot make a magic attack?

A militia without a weapon cannot make a normal attack?

I'm just wanting to make absolutely sure is why I am asking again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
Really? Ok thank you.

But that means an elf wizard without a weapon cannot make a magic attack?

A militia without a weapon cannot make a normal attack?

I'm just wanting to make absolutely sure is why I am asking again.

It means that ANY hero without a weapon may not attack. So yes, neither of those heroes may attack....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text you are referring to (page 15) does not refer to ALL attacks, JUST attacks on monsters with Traits that specifically say "Unequipped Heroes cannot attack". (If you turn back tp age 14, you'll see the heading for the section.) Other traits include immunity to edged weapons, light penalties, etc. These do not apply to ALL monsters, just those that say so on that specific card.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tiberiusdw wrote:
The text you are referring to (page 15) does not refer to ALL attacks, JUST attacks on monsters with Traits that specifically say "Unequipped Heroes cannot attack". (If you turn back tp age 14, you'll see the heading for the section.) Other traits include immunity to edged weapons, light penalties, etc. These do not apply to ALL monsters, just those that say so on that specific card.

Hope this helps.

Very much so. That was the reason for my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
tiberiusdw wrote:

Hope this helps.

Very much so. That was the reason for my confusion.

Hehe...it is referenced that this only applies to monsters with that specific trait. Sorry, thought you understood that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tiberiusdw wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thank goodness for that. Thought we'd been playing completely wrong for a moment there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
tiberiusdw wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thank goodness for that. Thought we'd been playing completely wrong for a moment there!

I was just reading this thread with a worrying feeling too! Can't wait to play this again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bond
msg tools
mbmb
Yes my first read through on the 1.4 rules had me confused too until I remembered that this is a trait on certain monsters and is only applicable when that monster is a target of a battle, and not a rule that is always in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.