Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Best thrift stores to find board games in Brisbane? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendon Vince
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all fellow brisbane board gamers.

I was looking at checking out some thrift stores around brisbane area for some vintage board games and maybe the possible rare bargain and was wondering if anyone knew of any particular thrift stores that have lots of board games. I have been to a few of the lifeline mega stores but they tend to have mostly clothes and very little in the way of board games etc.

Plus i figured that if we can get a list of places it would help other people out who are also interested in picking up second hand board games

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck.
Considering how hard it is to get much in the way of new games in Brisbane, the only people who will be getting them are highly unlikely to have their games end up in thrift stores.
You are right to only be looking for old games because that is all you are likely to find. I saw Sleuth up at Noosa lifeline when my wife decided to have a browse. Apart from that I have either seen no games at all or Kids games (often with half the pieces missing) in any thrift shops around Brisbane. I have heard that as a general rule thrift stores in or near wealthy areas may have slightly nicer stuff.
Again good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Vince
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks For advice
If I do end up finding and semi decent thrift stores or finds Ill post post it up here.
Seem to be having most luck with ebay at moment. Picked up lord of the rings board game for 14 bucks which i thought was pretty good however it seems bargains like that are very rare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.