Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Dominion: Alchemy» Forums » General

Subject: I've never been more confused in my life. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
This user rated this game a 1. All right, I don't especially blame him, as several people rated it a 10 before ANY news about it. I just wanted to look to see what he had rated Dominion, just to see if he was the generic hater. But if you look closely, you'll see that he has rated Dominion an 8. And a 5.

Did he really rate the game twice? Could that be a potential breakage of the rating system? I'm so confused. Can someone explain?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To my eye it is even more startling in this view:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/enditen?rated=1...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Herren
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the highest rating counts...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/446050/space-hulk-3rd-ed...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:
This user rated this game a 1. All right, I don't especially blame him, as several people rated it a 10 before ANY news about it. I just wanted to look to see what he had rated Dominion, just to see if he was the generic hater. But if you look closely, you'll see that he has rated Dominion an 8. And a 5.

Did he really rate the game twice? Could that be a potential breakage of the rating system? I'm so confused. Can someone explain?



By adding a second game to your collection, you can rate the game twice.

edit: DamonH -- thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you add more than one copy of a game, you can rate all copies. I have rated two copies of Talisman 4th edition differently since they are the BI and the FF versions. I have no idea how the ranking system handles it though.

Are there different versions of Dominion?

edit: DamonH -- thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
guzerat wrote:
If you add more than one copy of a game, you can rate all copies. I have rated two copies of Talisman 4th edition differently since they are the BI and the FF versions. I have no idea how the ranking system handles it though.

Are there different versions of Dominion?

edit: DamonH -- thanks.

yes, but it's jusf thebox that changes
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
guzerat wrote:
Are there different versions of Dominion?

yes, but it's jusf thebox that changes

Not quite. Also the language on the cards changes.
It is far easier to play a language you can actually read - unless you know all the cards by heart.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared McClellan
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
delirimouse wrote:
To my eye it is even more startling in this view:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/enditen?rated=1...


This user seems to be an interesting character. Read how he got his hands on Poisson d'Avril in the notes for his rating.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember reading that someone likes to mark titles that he hasn't picked up yet but was definitely planning to pick up as "Owned" and rate them 1, for some reason.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jtj608 wrote:
I think I remember reading that someone likes to mark titles that he hasn't picked up yet but was definitely planning to pick up as "Owned" and rate them 1, for some reason.


he couldn't find "wishlist" or "want to buy"?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:
Could that be a potential breakage of the rating system?


You are assuming the rating system was unbroken to begin with.

I know I know...troll-baiting. Sorry I couldn't help myself.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.