Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Over in this thead, the OP posted a YouTube link that does not work. I took that link, searched for it on YouTube, copied the link back to BGG and it works. Now I am mystified. Someone please explain to me why one of these works and the other does not:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Over in this thead, the OP posted a YouTube link that does not work. I took that link, searched for it on YouTube, copied the link back to BGG and it works. Now I am mystified. Someone please explain to me why one of these works and the other does not:

[ youtube=OkwHjil9kHU ]
[ youtube=OKwHjil9kHU ]

Just looking at the codes in the post I noticed that the first has a lower case 'k' as the second character. In the working second code, it is an upper case 'K'. I assume that the codes are case sensitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
YouTube IDs must be case sensitive. Your first "K" is in two different cases.

edit: removed quoted vids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx. Just some blindness and stupidity. I copied the link and pasted it into a search at YouTube, which found the video. I copied and pasted the link back and it worked. I stared at those two side by side for a long time and did not see the case of the K. I simply could not figure out what I had missed.

BTW, this is why I never actually type the characters of a YouTube link. I always copy and paste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a kind of perspective, if we could recover the cost of all the programming time wasted finding similar errors and split it amongst ourselves, we'd probably all be richer than Bill Gates. It's just astounding how much time little hard-to-see errors can cost. And everyone falls into them....

So, not "blindness and stupidity", just humanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Um, the first link doesn't work because "The video you have posted is unavailable". The user deleted that video after uploading it. This has nothing to do with BGG, it has to do with YouTube, and it's also not a glitch, it just means the user deleted the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayvn7 wrote:
Um, the first link doesn't work because "The video you have posted is unavailable". The user deleted that video after uploading it. This has nothing to do with BGG, it has to do with YouTube, and it's also not a glitch, it just means the user deleted the video.

I beg to differ. If you put an unknown code in, like XXXXXXXXXXX, that's the message you get:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.