Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: building units and buldings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pawel sulej
Poland
flag msg tools
I have two questions:
1) I have 8 units (for example land units) on board and i want to build another one. I don't have a free unit (all are deployed). Can I remove existing unit from one of my isles, and build new unit in another one, or i'm prohibited to build unit, until i have a unit available (due to losing a battle, or some card play) ? I assume, that this rule is the same for fleets and land units
2) I have no free space to build more building (all places are occupied) and i want to build one. Can i remove existing building and build in that place new one or i am prohibited to do this ? If I can remove buildings, can i also remove metropolis ?

thanks in advance for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can't add a troop or a boat if you don't have one available. You'll have to wait until one gets available (either beaten or "sold" with the Sphinx).

2. You cannot destroy an existing building to place another in its place. You'll have to conquer an island. The only exception to this is when building a metropolis. In this case, you can destroy a building to make room for your metropolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Actually, you can destroy a building and replace it with another but you need the Cyclops creature card to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoDat wrote:
Actually, you can destroy a building and replace it with another but you need the Cyclops creature card to do it.

Correct. This is a special case but it does work. You can also "transform" an existing building into another one using the giant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
FabienC wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

Correct. This is a special case but it does work. You can also "transform" an existing building into another one using the giant.

I don't think you can as a Giant is only used to destroy buildings, excluding Metropolises of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right ! Sorry !

I actually meant to say that the giants can destroy a building, thus freeing a space, and that the cyclops can transform a building of one type into another type.

But at the end of the day, what really matters is that at some point you will have to conquer another island in order to get more spaces for your buildings (unless you plan only to play with philosophers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Lage
Germany
Göttinegn
Unspecified
flag msg tools
FabienC wrote:
1. You can't add a troop or a boat if you don't have one available. You'll have to wait until one gets available (either beaten or "sold" with the Sphinx).

From where do you have this info? I reread the whole rulebook and it is nowhere stated that you can´t take a unit(ship/troop) from one place away to "build" it new.
It only stats(troup example) :"A player cannot purchase more than 3 extra Troops in any given turn. No player can have more than 8 Troops. Troops must be placed on isles controlled by the player."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychic81 wrote:
FabienC wrote:

From where do you have this info? I reread the whole rulebook and it is nowhere stated that you can´t take a unit(ship/troop) from one place away to "build" it new.
It only stats(troup example) :"A player cannot purchase more than 3 extra Troops in any given turn. No player can have more than 8 Troops. Troops must be placed on isles controlled by the player."

Sorry, I forgot to answer this.

I got confirmation from one of the designers (Bruno Cathala) on this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.