BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Today can Suck It. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My bosses told me that I needed to do Super Bowl cupcakes. Because nothing says "football" like light, fluffy cupcakes.

They want vanilla cake with blue icing for the cubs and chocolate cake with "gold" icing for the steelers.

I can not make gold icing. I told them this. They suggested I spray gold dust on the icing to make it gold.

No. That shit's 11.50 per gram. I'm not blowing it all over cupcakes.

So they're getting yellow icing.

AND.

When I was making the blue buttercream, (BLUE.) I popped the top off the dropper and sprayed the color all over myself. It's all up and down my arms, all over my hands and on my shirt and FACE. My face. It has blue spatters on it.
And this shit doesn't wash off.

At least when people ask me how I'm doing today, I can say "I'm a little blue." Then I laugh.

HA HA HA.

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
My face. It has blue spatters on it. And this shit doesn't wash off. At least when people ask me how I'm doing today, I can say "I'm a little blue." Then I laugh. HA HA HA.

pix... or it didn't happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If I get home today and my face is still blue spattered, I'll take some pictures.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to somebody on WikiAnswers, you can get gold color approximated:

"If you have the cake decorators icing colorings one may come close to it by mixing: 1 part Christmas Red, 3 parts Sunset Orange, and 10 parts Lemon Yellow. But it will not have the metallic look."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
They want vanilla cake with blue icing for the cubs and chocolate cake with "gold" icing for the steelers.

Sooo, I take it you don't watch football.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
If I get home today and my face is still blue spattered, I'll take some pictures.

soblue

I'd make an Avatar joke, but I would feel bad.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure would be tempted to tell those bosses they're more than welcome to go buy Superfluous Bowl cupcakes if they want 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
zorazen wrote:

Nope. I hate football. That's who's playing, right though?

My day has become worse as the hours speed by. I'm way too behind to avoid staying late (it's my Friday so I'll get hell on Tuesday for the overtime.)
Two people have called in sick and we're busier right now than we were two days before Thanksgiving. We're giving away chips and dip so everyone is flocking to our store. The only thing my pastry clerk has been able to do is triage. We haven't caught up to the work that needs to be done today.

Blerg.

Suck it, Today. I hate you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tell people who ask that you were cooking smurfs, and one exploded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubs! All the way, baby! God, I love football.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So, I just looked it up. Apparently it's the Saints, not the Steelers.

Psh. Same difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you got the right shade of blue for the Cubs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubs versus Steelers! Man, it looks like the Steelers have that seventh Lombardi trophy in the bag for sure now! Let's see how far Derek Lee gets with James Harrison chasing him down! Let's see how good Zambrano pitches when Casey Hampton bodyslams him! Man, this Super Bowl is going to be GREAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My money's on the Cubs.

PS -- Updated! http://www.geekdo.com/article/3807545
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
zorazen wrote:

Nope. I hate football. That's who's playing, right though?

My day has become worse as the hours speed by. I'm way too behind to avoid staying late (it's my Friday so I'll get hell on Tuesday for the overtime.)
Two people have called in sick and we're busier right now than we were two days before Thanksgiving. We're giving away chips and dip so everyone is flocking to our store. The only thing my pastry clerk has been able to do is triage. We haven't caught up to the work that needs to be done today.

Blerg.

Suck it, Today. I hate you!

I hope your tomorrow is fantastic to make up for today's suckiness.
BTW, it's the Saints vs. the Colts tomorrow. Cubs play baseball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This day can indeed suck it. Why, you ask?

I live in the part of the United States that got massive snow fall over the last 24 hours - a motorists nightmare.

I was attempting to dig my girlfriends car out from under a the mess. She got out of her car after she started it, in order to help me. Her little pomeranian dog was with her, and when she got out of the car he panicked and accidentally jumped on the door lock switch.

So there we are, locked out of the running car, stuck half way out of the parking space, still buried in snow, with a little pup inside.

One hour later - we are nearly frostbitten, and forty dollars poorer (thanks tow truck guy).

Moral of the story: Don't get a lap dog. I could have strangled that little guy.

I'll take blue cupcake dyed hands over frozen hands any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Cubs versus Steelers! Man, it looks like the Steelers have that seventh Lombardi trophy in the bag for sure now! Let's see how far Derek Lee gets with James Harrison chasing him down! Let's see how good Zambrano pitches when Casey Hampton bodyslams him! Man, this Super Bowl is going to be GREAT!

This makes as much sense as any other sports talk I've ever heard.

Guess I got the ol' teams wrong.

Baseball, Football...Meh.
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Today has become much better now that I am home, showered, (most) of the blue is off of me and I have a fresh-squeezed vodka gimlet in front of me. I also bought a chocolate bar and that helped too.

djpetric, that sounds like an awful day. I hope you're home and warm and comfortable now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
In unrelated events I decided to do marzipan-stuffed dates as dessert for the adult family members at my fortnightly family gathering (it was our turn to cook). I decided to flavour half the marzipan with vanilla and half with rosewater - and to colour the rosewater-flavoured marzipan pink. My marble pastry board is now pink, but I at least had enough foresight to wear gloves, so I am not pink. But then all that pink came from a mere few drops of "pillar-box red" colouring, which I managed not to spray everywhere (this time, at least - past experience is why I opted for gloves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Today has become much better now that I am home, showered, (most) of the blue is off of me and I have a fresh-squeezed vodka gimlet in front of me. I also bought a chocolate bar and that helped too.

Hmmm blue, vodka and dark chocolate. Maybe a drink with blue curacao, vodka, cocoa and brown sugar? Needs to explore it. Thanks Zora.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
In unrelated events I decided to do marzipan-stuffed dates as dessert for the adult family members at my fortnightly family gathering (it was our turn to cook). I decided to flavour half the marzipan with vanilla and half with rosewater - and to colour the rosewater-flavoured marzipan pink. My marble pastry board is now pink, but I at least had enough foresight to wear gloves, so I am not pink. But then all that pink came from a mere few drops of "pillar-box red" colouring, which I managed not to spray everywhere (this time, at least - past experience is why I opted for gloves).

Yuck, marzipan can suck it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Today can Suck It.

Nope.

On Saturday I went to Unity Games and played games from 9am to Midnight.

On Sunday I went to a children's choral concert benefit and made a recording for the museum and families. Later I was shopping for some food for a smaller than usual Sunday Game Day (because some people were all gamed-out from the previous day). It was there in the liquor store that I noticed a HUGE number of people shopping. Why? I did not even know that the Stuper Bowl was happening or who was playing in it until that moment. Got home, made some dal and some cauliflower masala over basmati. Enjoyed dinner, drink and games with some friends.

Totally a weekend that did not suck it.

Sorry to hear about yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
zorazen wrote:
Today can Suck It.

Nope.

On Saturday I went to Unity Games and played games from 9am to Midnight.

On Sunday I went to a children's choral concert benefit and made a recording for the museum and families. Later I was shopping for some food for a smaller than usual Sunday Game Day (because some people were all gamed-out from the previous day). It was there in the liquor store that I noticed a HUGE number of people shopping. Why? I did not even know that the Stuper Bowl was happening or who was playing in it until that moment. Got home, made some dal and some cauliflower masala over basmati. Enjoyed dinner, drink and games with some friends.

Totally a weekend that did not suck it.

Sorry to hear about yours.

I KNEW there was someone I forgot to smack around with a rolled up newspaper! Next time Gadget!

PS. I got 3 of the 4 targets. That's better than most times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
I KNEW there was someone I forgot to smack around with a rolled up newspaper! Next time Gadget!

I did not see you there. I only ran into 2 Chit Chat BGGers that are not in my own game group... Spielfreak and Joshbot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Rappak wrote:

I did not see you there. I only ran into 2 Chit Chat BGGers that are not in my own game group... Spielfreak and Joshbot.

I ran into Spielfreak. I didn't see Joshbot. Smacked Spielfreak right before dinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.