Subject: Supply errata, and Alan Emrich's "Living Rules" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
The advanced rules specify that supply must trace back strictly via railways or rivers- NOT roads.

However, Alan Emrich's "Living Rules" (and earlier errata) corrects this, and indicate that supply can be traced along road segments, providing there's friendly forces at each end of each road segment used in the supply line.

There's only a little discussion of this, hereabouts. I'm surprised- does Phalanx's supply rule actually work, as written?

Are most people are using the Phalanx rules, or Alan Emrich's updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
jimb wrote:
The advanced rules specify that supply must trace back strictly via railways or rivers- NOT roads.

However, Alan Emrich's "Living Rules" (and earlier errata) corrects this, and indicate that supply can be traced along road segments, providing there's friendly forces at each end of each road segment used in the supply line.

There's only a little discussion of this, hereabouts. I'm surprised- does Phalanx's supply rule actually work, as written?

Are most people are using the Phalanx rules, or Alan Emrich's updates?

No idea what most people are doing, but I use the Living Rules (plus updates Alan has given in ConSimWorld--e.g., revised Union setup, which may or may not yet be in the Living Rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the living rules including the road supply rule. Supply over roads is difficult, as you effectively must garrison each space with a unit in order to trace supply over the roads. Makes moving through places like Kentucky, parts of Missouri and West Virginia very difficult--as it should be.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Thanks.

Alan Emrich's A House Divided homepage is here.

The 'living rules' are in the 3.1 package, available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.