Subject: Mudslides Delay Airborne Alert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ad Astra Games
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phil Markgraf, the developer of Airborne Alert and the rest of the Birds of Prey line, is busy digging trenches around his house and sandbagging to try to keep it safe from mudslides. Just a few blocks up the hill, his mother-in-law's house was destroyed when a mudslide pushed it off its foundation. Amazingly, there have been no injuries in the area, even as the number of homes destroyed has climbed.

Phil's front yard is in the upper left. The mudslide danger is from the rear of the house. (Click to view.)

Phil's mother-in-law's house is in the upper right. The damage is obscured by the trees. Click to view.

This YouTube shows the flooding down the hill from Phil's house. This is actually the good part, because it's running fast and is mostly water.

Needless to say, Phil won't be putting the finishing touches on Airborne Alert this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
answer this post
I am willing to argue that a reliable essay writing service is a light on the road of critical essay writing. Thence, students can utilize it every time they would like to buy essays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking into this game lately, and just saw this post. I have to ask, did Phil's house make it through the slides OK? That looked nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
I've been looking into this game lately, and just saw this post. I have to ask, did Phil's house make it through the slides OK? That looked nasty.

Thank you for the concern, Chris. My house is on the high-side of our street and was untouched. But we spent a lot of time digging out neighbors and helping my mother-in-law with her dig-out and ongoing rebuild process. I think her home will be in-the-works through the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PMarkgraf wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

Thank you for the concern, Chris. My house is on the high-side of our street and was untouched. But we spent a lot of time digging out neighbors and helping my mother-in-law with her dig-out and ongoing rebuild process. I think her home will be in-the-works through the end of the year.

I've always thought floods, and especially mudslides, would be a terrible pain in the ... neck ... to deal with, clean up wise (not to mention any rebuilding that needs to be done). Good luck with that. At least your MiL wasn't hurt.

I've got BoP and Airborne Alert on the way, I hope to find a game of BoP at Connecticon this week! Can't wait, I've been longing for this game for a while!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.