Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

First of all, I am using the same method as I did on my Shadows Over Camelot game and I am also using the DIP method on the Geeklist (my favorite reference).

Links:

- Beginner's Guide to Painting Miniatures using DIP method

- The DIP Method GeekList

Basically the idea of doing the DIP method is that if you don't have much time to paint details and be pretty much satisfied with very sturdy, very shiny, and pretty sharp (I am talking ab my method here) miniatures, Dipping does just that.

The only note is that I like details and I spend a lot of time on my miniatures, so instead of the dark Polyshade, I use Pecan Gloss (i like gloss, what can I say) because Pecan falls in the middle between dark Minwax Polyshade (mostly used for dipping because it gives depth by getting into cracks or hard to reach areas) and clear (mostly used by professionals to keep all the details intact but add extra protection with the coat of Minwax).

Basically your choice.

Got my miniatures ready to be primed, after I removed all the obvious mold lines and such (with Exacto knife of course))

Primed using Krylon Fusion (not a primer but white paint for plastics, works very good, and it's cheap. Binds paints very well)

When painting, I use simple square wood panel (cut it in pieces big enough to hold in one hand) and use Blu Tak to mount my models, very handy and very easy to do. Most of my stuff is bought in Walmart (my budget saves me for games laugh )

The first model, from the Character story, I understood this guy is prolly the most craziest of the bunch, me working on him, makihng him look dirty, lots of dark colors etc.

WIP:
High school qb, putting whites first (makes light colors more solid, acts as a primer)

WIP:

Pretty glad with color combo I picked. Even though in the rule book he is wearing dark and white color sweatshirt, I let myself slide)) Also happy how "SK" came out.

All models before dipping:

Before dipping, closer look:

FINISHED PIECES:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.