Popular Tags: [View All]
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
What the hell is this?

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/291996/taboo

Taboo doesn't have a board! If this is real, there needs to be a separate listing for whatever game of "Taboo: Some Extra Subtitle Here" game this is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A variation maybe? or an edition printed in another country? I have no idea, I've never even played Taboo. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Some versions of Taboo have a board. For example:

There are many versions of Taboo, in many languages. If you browse the image gallery you will see that a lot of them include a board.

Rayvn7 wrote:
What the hell is this?

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/291996/taboo

Taboo doesn't have a board! If this is real, there needs to be a separate listing for whatever game of "Taboo: Some Extra Subtitle Here" game this is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you for restating EXACTLY what I just said. Quite obviously, any 'Taboo' game that has aboard cannot possibly be the same game or have the same rule as a 'Taboo' game that does not have a board. =\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayvn7 wrote:
Thank you for restating EXACTLY what I just said. Quite obviously, any 'Taboo' game that has aboard cannot possibly be the same game or have the same rule as a 'Taboo' game that does not have a board. =\
I guess I don't understand. It looks like they just replaced the scorepad with a gameboard to keep score in some versions, but I don't think gameplay was changed at all (there are only two tokens; one for each team in that one image; making it look like one is for side A, and one is for side B; just like the scorepad).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
If it's just a score slider, then the game is not changed. But if it's a gameboard, then it is;. Its not a different GAME, but it's a different VERSION... nothing is changed in the gameplay of Monopoly vs. Monopoly 2000, nor in games with a "travel size". If this is a gameboard, where you have pawns, that move until you get to the finish line... well that element doesn't exist in the normal Taboo, so this is a new & different version that was released at some point in time. Maybe it's another country's version. But it's still not the same version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Wacha
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yes, some international versions of "Taboo" have gameboards. But some of the images on some of the spaces I don't understand. Could somebody
elaborate on those special spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Emanuele Lanzavecchia
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I resume thi old discussion for make some specification about the board of Taboo.
Some International edition comes with the board and 2 colored pawns, one for each team.
The decision to put the board in the original game is to make this game more "boardgame" in country where the gaming experience is raddicated on the ideas of some pawns, a track on a board and dices (like the italian gaming market...sigh!).
Now the explanation of the rules applied in the "board version":
- the number of cards guessed during the round is the number of space that the pawns is moved on the board (you guess 3 cards in your turn,you move 4 spaces); the goal of the game is to arrive in center of the board.
- in the last 7 space on the board (the purple space) you must guess 3 cards to pass to next space (so, if you guess 6 cards in your turn, you move 2 space).
This is for the movement on the board...now the special spaces:

*CLOCK* 4th, 10th and 16th space: if in the begin of your turn your pawns is in this space, you have double time (2 complete sand timer) for guess cards.

*TWO FACES* 8th and 18th space: if in the begin of your turn your pawns is in this space, the reader choose one player of his team to make a face to face round (only that player can guess the cards)

*TWO FACES + CLOCK* 6th and 13th: a face to face round with the double of time

Hope that this will help you..!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.