of the building indicated on his card and put the
appropriate commodity back in the supply. The
Small order card is placed face up under the
corresponding pile.

But it also says;

Note: Unlike large orders, a player does not have
to use his action to complete a Small order. He
must, however, take the action of the building
listed on the Small order card to complete it.
Players can never deliver two orders (large or
small) at the same time, even if they are going to
the same building.

So does that mean a player can take a building do its action to complete a small order but still do another action in another building that same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Large Orders = your action (in the proper Villa) IS to complete the order.
Small Orders = your action (in the building indicated by the Order card) is the usual action for that building; when you do it, you may also complete the Small Order (i.e. completing the Small Order is NOT an action, but an extra). You're still not allowed to act again elsewhere in the same turn (unless you use the appropriate Special Tile, of course).

Is it clearer now? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
Small Orders = your action (in the building indicated by the Order card) is the usual action for that building; when you do it, you may also complete the Small Order (i.e. completing the Small Order is NOT an action, but an extra). You're still not allowed to act again elsewhere in the same turn (unless you use the appropriate Special Tile, of course).

This was one of my questions in reading the rules as well. It is still not clear to me. It seems like in either case, you land on a building and you use up your turn's action to complete the order. I must be missing something. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
lilacdog wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:

This was one of my questions in reading the rules as well. It is still not clear to me. It seems like in either case, you land on a building and you use up your turn's action to complete the order. I must be missing something. Thoughts?

Perhaps your confusion comes from only reading the rules and not seeing the actual cards?

Large orders can only be fulfilled in one of the 4 Villas. The action of the Villa is to fulfill the order OR draw a privilege. You cannot do both.

Small Orders are fulfilled at every other building besides the villas and warehouses. At these places, each building has its own specific action to be taken - such as taking a card or tile, or whatever. You may also fulfill the Small order. So you can do both you do not have to choose one or the other as you do at the Villas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it--thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zap Rowsdower
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game, one player had two small orders for the same building. We could not find anything in the rules that stated whether he could fulfill both orders with a single action.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Rowsdower wrote:
In our last game, one player had two small orders for the same building. We could not find anything in the rules that stated whether he could fulfill both orders with a single action.

One Small Order per action (page 7 of the old RGG edition rulebook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.