Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I signed up late this year for Gencon and the nearest room is 8 miles away, that is far enough I may not go if I can not find a close room. Anybody have any Ideas for me? Or want to share a room already booked? I was 2 blocks away last year and I loved it, I feel very stupid for not booking earlier, but I was not certain I would be going this year, now that I am sure I can go there are no close rooms?

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Tom Boylan, Hendal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, a lot of hotels offer shuttle service. Two years ago I stayed at the Hyatt Place out near the airport and took the shuttle. It ran like clockwork and I saved money by not having to pay for parking and by getting a cheaper room than downtown, and the room was great. Don't skip Gen Con just because you can't get a room downtown.

Edit:

Just checked their site, looks like rooms are available for $93 a night, and the place is only about six miles from downtown. Bet you could even take a cab back and forth for less than what daily parking costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As gencon approaches people will probably be looking for roommates or even getting rid of extra rooms they might have secured. I believe it started around June last year but I'm not positive. You could check their forums at:

http://community.gencon.com/forums/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, both good advice!

Matt - I know what you mean I want to go so bad, but I have a bad back and last year it went out on me at GC, if I had a room that far away it would have been a really bad time for me, so I think I need the close room if I am going to go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jackson
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried the IUPUI Conference Center Hotel? Most people dont think of staying there as its not a chain and it would be an easy walk from campus to the convention center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, it is taken care of

the IUPUI Conference Center Hotel? has rooms left, they are a mile away though, the columbia blub also has rooms left and is about 5 blocks away, if any one else is looking!

I will be at GenCon, you can all rest easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.