Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This came up in our game. The dungeon exploration token says you can't move any more this season or quest phase.

When you "quest" if you end your movement on a exploration token you have to flip it up. The question is, if it's a dungeon can you then quest in that hex or since you can't move you can't quest either.

I ruled you can't quest since you're in a dungeon and they're not bringing the quest to you while you rot in the jail cell. The flip side of the argument is that if you wanted to quest in the hex with the dungeon then you're not moving anymore so the dungeon shouldn't apply.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The tile says it only ends movement. I'd allow questing or duels to take place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not necessarily a "jail cell" type dungeon; I see it more as a "cave in the ground" style dungeon, one too enticing for heroes to pass up, and thus they stop to explore it.

Nothing in the rules suggests they cannot quest on the same phase they enter it and have to stop. Otherwise, it would be impossible to quest there at all; there's no distinction between "when it's first revealed" and "future turns" for the dungeon's effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.