Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for recommendations as to what you think is the best Wild West Roleplaying-type board game is. I am looking for a game where each character has individual statistics and NO moderator (DM???) is needed. It doesn't have to be a straight up shooter or even town builder, however both elements in one game would be great. I guess what I am looking for a game that is similar to Boot Hill without the DM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james collins
United States
rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite an RPG but what about Gunslinger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha, I just downloaded the rules and it looks alot like what I am looking for. I was hoping to find rules that looked a little less like "War and Peace" though, but I guess 36+ pages is synonymous with the name Avalon Hill. If the game geek kids want to have a go, I will have to either dumb down the rules or they will have to grin and bear it.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowboys: The Way of the Gun by Worthington Games is a bit lighter in the rules and details than Gunslinger.

There are also several pretty good sets of miniatures rules out there: The Rules with No Name, Great Rail Wars, Legends of the Old West, Desperado, Knuckleduster come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james collins
United States
rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all the recommendations look great. I guess I will have to sort through them, chose what works best for me and come up with some mods of my own to fit in elements like character advancement, buying items and town building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this thread title and thought it was about a hotel at a con shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not saddle up and mosey on over to http://rpg.geekdo.com/ and pose the question there? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Case wrote:
I saw this thread title and thought it was about a hotel at a con :shake:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.