Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So why is this game listed as 1-4 players on the description on the game page. Is there solo rules I'm missing. Anyone, ever tried to play solo? If so how did you do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Keiner
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tikiguy wrote:
So why is this game listed as 1-4 players on the description on the game page. Is there solo rules I'm missing. Anyone, ever tried to play solo? If so how did you do it?

I don´t think it´s listed as a solo-playable game. Where did you see that?
It´s even written on the box "2-4".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the number of suggested players on the geek. It says Best with 1,2,3,4 players. Wondering if I missed something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Keiner
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tikiguy wrote:
On the number of suggested players on the geek. It says Best with 1,2,3,4 players. Wondering if I missed something

But one row above that, it says: "# of Players:
2 − 4
"
Maybe there went something wrong.(it could be the default?)
I guess, you could play it for yourself, and try to beat yourself session after session by points. (as in Agricola or Le Havre)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured. I thought someone had solo rules and I missed it. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edubvidal
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
quatsch7 wrote:

I guess, you could play it for yourself, and try to beat yourself session after session by points. (as in Agricola or Le Havre)

Yep. I have played one game and it is demanding. At the beginning I take two blue contracts at random and chose one. Idem with green contracts. I only play ONE ROUND using my three tokens and taking one guilder when I chose one action before the previous elected action.

I did 78 VPs, three ships (20, 19 and 12 Vps) and the blue contract and green contract gave me 27 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edubvidal wrote:
quatsch7 wrote:

Yep. I have played one game and it is demanding. At the beginning I take two blue contracts at random and chose one. Idem with green contracts. I only play ONE ROUND using my three tokens and taking one guilder when I chose one action before the previous elected action.

I did 78 VPs, three ships (20, 19 and 12 Vps) and the blue contract and green contract gave me 27 points.

What were your rules for solo play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edubvidal
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
My rules:

- The countdown marker is placed on the first space of the Countdown
Track. I play only one lap of actions cards (when the lead Action Card reaches the Starting Space again, the game has finished).
- Government Contracts, dealt randomly, face down. Take 2 green contracts and 2 blue contracts. In this moment, choose 1 of each.
- The action selections and income is like in the normal play. (Using only my three figures.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds really good. You should post in the variant sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edubvidal
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
tikiguy wrote:
Sounds really good. You should post in the variant sections.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4656144#4656144

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.