Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi,
To psyche myself up for some Mechaton fun, I'm looking to watch some appropriate anime. But unfortunately, I'm not a ten year old, therefore a large fraction of anime is unwatchable. What's worth watching?

I saw some Gundam, but it was kind of childish, and the animation was a little creaky by modern standards. Perhaps one of the other ten thousand Gundam series is worthy?

Macross Plus totally rocked, but sadly its just the one movie as far as I know.

Ghost in the Shell
is totally my speed, unfortunately there really aren't enough mecha for the purposes of this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schaub
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I had the same problem.
Try the recent Getter Robo series, if you can find em (they appear sporadically on netflix). Also the Appleseed movies (the two newest). The recent re-make of Tetsujin 28 is almost art, really--but it's done in a 'retro' style that may or may not appeal to you--if you liked 'Iron Giant', give it a try. Aquarion was also pretty good, but it takes a couple episodes to grow on you...Gun Sword was good, but sometimes juvenile...but lots of action. Anyway, let me know if you find some good ones!

PS: Macross always rocks, but I've had that bias since I was 7...

R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Bull
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finding the current Gundam 00 series to be fairly inspirational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.