Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a copy of this game for my daughter today and I am excited about giving it to her. She worked and saved her money for about 5 months last year to purchase one of the $100 dolls. She also has one of the miniature American Girl dolls, too, as well as several of the books. She carries that doll just about everywhere and she even sleeps with it...so this game was a great find. I didn't even know that it existed.modest

As stated in the title, it was a Thrift Store copy for $4.99. The box cover has one torn corner that I hope to repair with book binder's tape. It was missing two of the regular dice, but had the special one, and it was missing the 3 minute sand timer. I purchased some replacement red dice and we already had a pink 3 minute timer. There was a pewter game token that was broken, and at first I was concerned. As it turned out, there was another token included with the same name on it that was undamaged. So, all 6 pewter tokens are present and I have an extra broken one that I will take to the jewler's to see if it can be mended. The tokens are just that nice!surprise

I was AMAZED at the quality of this game. The cover art is very nice. The game board has a faux padded leather backing with large gilt letters proudly proclaiming that it is the American Girl Game. The board art is first rate. There is a specialty die included and two regulars ones. It has a 3 minute sand timer. It has 6 finely made pewter game tokens cast in the likeness of the various dolls. It has 6 sets of miniature game chips in different colors. It has literally hundreds of good quality playing cards with superb artwork. One of the decks is for trivia questions and the other is for some sort of trade. There was a gloss colored rule book as well. The card decks, tokens, dice, chips, and sand timer all have cardboard slots to fit in for storage.surprise

I cannot believe the price that this game sells for, given the superb quality of the components. How did they do that? Is it a loss leader? Anyway, it was a great find and I am excited to be able to give this to my little girl. BTW, I have no doubt that this will be one of the games that she can absolutely annihilate me in, given the trivia portion of play. That should add to her happiness, I would think, given that she hasn't beaten me at Risk yet.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.