Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to try my first game tomorrow, solo. I'm going to use 3 investigators. Any recommendations of which GOO I should use or avoid, and which investigators I should use or avoid?

I set the game up tonight just to get that out of the way. I picked Yig because the rules said he makes for a faster game but I could swap that out before playing. Just to figure out spacing of stuff on the table I pulled 3 investigators at random, Amanda Sharpe, Mandy Thompson, and Michael McGlen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
On the investigators, I think you have a decent team. Some peopel don't like Amanda because they think she is too average but I like that she is a bit more customizable.

As far as a GOO, depends what game you want. I like Yig because it is a short game and gets you to the final battle quickly, but it is hard to win by sealing gates as you run out of time.

Ithaqua is a decent option as he is still short but knocks out most environment cards so you have less global effects killing you.

Azathoth is another option. He has the leas impact on the main game, offer sno final battle - you flat out win or lose, and gives you the longest amount of time to try to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
For first game, use Yig or Ithaqua, as they're the easiest.
As far as investigators, include the girl who can re-roll checks (I forgot her name) I'd also use a good spellcaster (like the professor for example) and a good physical fighter (like the gangster)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You mean Mandy Thompson, Harvey Walters, and Michael McGlen. He randomly drew 2 of the 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Ithaqua and got beat up in the final battle. It really hurt when Michael McGlen got devoured about midway through the game and was replaced by the doctor. In the in the final battle, after the -3 adjustment from Ithaqua I only had 3 attack dice total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly off topic, but can I ask how long it took you to set up the game the first time? I'm thinking of making a purchase but am not 100% sure yet!

Also did you find the solo game fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some prep work when I got the game to make setup go a little faster. I organized and bagged everything so I didn't need to separate tokens or cards or anything. Because of that I figure setup was in the 15 minute range but I didn't time myself. I'm thinking about getting a small craft box or something for the tokens and small cards instead of bags to make it go faster.

I enjoyed it as a solo game and I'm trying to figure out if I have time next weekend for another run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the tokens and stuff inside a plastic box, all sorted. So it makes it very easy to set the game up. I usually take about 10-15 minutes to set it up. I spend some time choosing the AO and Investigators.

Only played AH solo once, with only 1 Investigator and really enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.