Miscellaneous Game Accessory» Forums » General

Subject: C4 Corner Cutter | Review of packing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ordered a C4 Corner Cutter (C4CC). I was a little hesitant before ordering because I thought the C4CC might break in the mail if the seller packed it in just a padded envelope (I thought this because shipping is relatively cheap). When the C4CC arrived, however, I was so surprised by the packaging that I had to write an review of it!

First off, here is the box I found sitting on my doorstep. The box is 7" long by 5" wide by 5" tall. Plenty of room for the C4CC!

Once opened, I found packing peanuts covering the C4CC. Plenty of cushioning for the trip from South Carolina to sunny California.

Digging through the peanuts, I found the diminutive C4CC and an instruction sheet.

Five FFG megagames would have to sit on top of this baby before crushing starts. If you were having any concerns about the C4CC getting to you broken then worry no more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riz the Bloody
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just curious, what is this actually used to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipping the corners of counters off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riz the Bloody
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But why would you need to do that? I just don't see the need for a clipped corner, I probably am just not seeing something obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodyriz wrote:
But why would you need to do that? I just don't see the need for a clipped corner, I probably am just not seeing something obvious.

Some people do it for aesthetic reasons. Some do it so the ragged corners don't catch on other corners which can cause a stack to fall over.

Here's a pic of some clipped counters:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riz the Bloody
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure. Wondered if there might be some game system reason I had never heard of before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.