Popular Tags: Accessories [+] [View All]
Tom Minnick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologizes in advance if this has already been posted. A friend sent me this link and thought I would pass it along. This seems like a neat idea. Using game-boards as wall art, doubling as storage for the game.. Genius.

http://infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com/2010/01/game-board-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erhan Cubukcuoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

As decoration object this is a good idea.I like to see nice boards on my wall.

But What you will make with original game box ? I never like to send to the garbage and lost the original box of my games. If ı will put some where at home the original box, its not importent to store full or empty. That idea not offer a storage solution for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Minnick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I agree. I would never get rid of my original box. I just thought it was a neat thing that person did, and a creative way of showing off some of your favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people might thing this a sacrilegious idea, but maybe you could make that frame "double sided" by mounting the game board on one face and mounting the cut out box top on the other. Then you could display the pretty box top and flip the frame over to actually play the game.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen Walsh-Esrey
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the boxes need to stay to hold the bits. Can you imagine trying to clip the contents of Tales of the Arabian Nights or Steam in a baggie on the back of a frame? It would take a chunk of plaster out of the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Merikari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this link circulating also, and came to post it, alas too late.

I think the idea is brilliant. We all have games that are beautiful art in their own right. The best part is that you could use plexiglass or glass on top of the board, and the board is instantly spill resistant... not that I let anyone close to my games with a glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
zingor1066 wrote:
Yeah, the boxes need to stay to hold the bits. Can you imagine trying to clip the contents of Tales of the Arabian Nights or Steam in a baggie on the back of a frame? It would take a chunk of plaster out of the wall.

I could see doing this pretty easily with a game that you can fit all of the components into a Plano box but yea Arabian Nights or Steam would rip it off the wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.