Subject: Rule-differ ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Perhaps there is a difference between how to resolve the Story Phase on the "Detailed Turn Sequense" sheet, and the "Official Rules Clarifications and Frequently Asked Questions"!

"DTS" says "Actions may be taken" in the white box after the struggles have been resolved, but if you read the "FAQ", it says:
(v1.0) Resolving Stories
Resolving struggles and determining success at all
three story cards happens all within the same "gray
box" on the timing flowchart. Thus, no actions or
responses can be triggered between one story's resolu-
tion and the beginning of the next story's resolution
The only responses players can choose to trigger are
Disrupts, however Forced Responses that apply to the
situation must trigger automatically.

Or have I misunderstood something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Boosel
United States
New Wilmington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think you may be confused, and please someone step in and correct me if I am wrong.

What the FAQ is simply saying is that in between the stories effects resolving, you can't play actions or responses, unless they are disrupts or unless they automatically happen via a forced response. This happens when a player takes 2 stories at the same time, and may resolve their effects. You are unable to play any actions until they resolve both of the stories, and then there are are two windows where you both can play actions...

The first is immediately after the struggles are complete, you may play responses to the struggle. In other words, if a card said something like..."Response: After you win an icon struggle by at least 2 icons...etc." you would be able to play it immediately after all of the struggles resolve, but not until they ALL resolve.

Once you play responses to the struggles, the second window happens where you may play normal actions. Once you both pass priority on the actions, you then resolve the stories effects one after another if any were won.

Now, here is my own little question. Let's say I have a Gibbering Soul in play which states "Response: After Gibbering Soul is destroyed, search your deck...etc." If two stories are won, and one is "Rotting Away" which would destroy my Gibbering Soul, would I just have to wait until both stories effects resolve before triggering the response? Can I even trigger the response at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ty - I see the light

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Boosel
United States
New Wilmington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Actually I think I was incorrect on one thing. I believe the story effects have to resolve before the response and action windows opens up. But other than that, that's how it works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.