Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the many hundreds of people who participated in Pizza Box Football's 5th Annual Predict the Winner event for the Big Game. Special thanks to all those who sent us results so we could compile them for this prediction!

Without further ado, here's what the results sent in are telling us:

- New Orleans wins 53% of games

- PBF Line is New Orleans by 2"*

Prediction: New Orleans 34, Indianapolis 24**

Other fun data:

- The winning team always scored 20 or more points. (100% of games)

- New Orleans wins 74% of games when holding Indianapolis to 26 points or fewer

- Indianapolis wins 92% of games when holding New Orleans to 25 points or fewer

- Indianapolis wins 79% when scoring 31 or more

- Indianapolis has a poor chance of winning when scoring 25-30 points points (28% chance)

Chance game decided by
:

50%: Less Than 1 Score (1 - 7 points)

32%: 1-2 Scores (8 - 13 points)

18%: 2 or More Scores (14+ points)

We hope you'll enjoy the game. May you enjoy playing Pizza Box Football for years to come!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
and Pizza Box Baseball
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

P.S. If we were predicting an Indianapolis victory (we're not) it would be Indianapolis 31, New Orleans 24.

* Note: I've seen Indianapolis favored to win with the line set at 4.5 to 6. We also have an over/under at 58.5, which is higher than the 56.5 to 57 I've seen posted.

** Note: Our score predictions are determined by the average scores in the games won by the teams during the event. Unless a team consistently wins by a narrow margin, our prediction will usually provide a margin greater than a TD. I also now push the prediction's score toward the lumpier football scoring numbers, and not predict something like 26-22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harri Toijala
Finland
Valkeakoski
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Erik for this wonderful extra service. I really enjoyed playing my Predict a Winner game which ended 31-31 and an interception from Manning in overtime leading to Saints win. Real drama...

Really looking forward to tonights big game which might be something special...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geaux Saints! Played a game earlier today and saints won by 14 points...then it happened in real life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work on the prediction! I have the base game, but I really need to purchase the team charts. This looks as close to my old childhood favorite "Paydirt" as any football game out there.

BTW - how many seasons worth of team charts are available?

Also - any thought of going back and doing old seasons, like maybe 1976, so I can see if my Pittsburgh Steelers might have won a third straight SB afterall, if Rocky and Franco hadn't both been injured in the AFC title game against the Raiders???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about Pizza Box Football when Indianapolis was about to score with under 2 minutes left. That would have made the score NO 31, Ind 24 and put PBF amazingly close to an exact prediction!

Well done, Pizza Box Football!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.