Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of games ago all English home spaces except Calais had been converted. England then published another treatise trying to convert Calais to get to 12 English spaces converted and because both attempts couldn't be used on Calais aimed the first at Boulogne (at 1 dice v 4 dice losing ties for wrong language) in the slim hope of adding an extra dice to the reformation attempt on Calais.

Were we right to allow this?

Secondly, in an earlier game I was the Pope when Mary I's English army was besieging Rome. (They had used Spring Preparation and Alliances with the Protestants and Habsburgs to get to Italy) I was trying to avoid re-converting all of England by aiming the Mary-given reformation attempts at the most difficult targets in England so as to retain the 50% chance that England's Treachery card would be turned into a debate and burn books.

Could I have used the English language burn books actions that Mary gave me to attempt conversions elsewhere (losing ties naturally), so as to make it less likely that England would be totally Catholic by the time England played Treachery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Matthew: In both cases the language in the rulebook is "targeting the English language zone". You are correct that this allows for attempts on spaces outside the zone (where you won't win ties). So it seems this was all legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.