Subject: Would this 2-player version also work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The official 2-player variant of this game can be found here as a doc file.

Before I realized the file existed, I had suggested the alternative that in a two-player game one should player similarly to a four player game except that each player chooses two roles instead of one, the governor picking one role first, then the other player and then the governor picks his second role followed by the other player picking his second.

I have never actually tried doing this though and was wondering what people's thoughts on it are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the variant I've played a lot of times, and it works really fine. We use the lowest score of your 2 boards as your final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play the official variant, with these three changes:

-In a round, 5 roles are picked instead of 6. That way you cannot get back-to-back roles and there are 2 doubloons available per round instead of 1 (the single best change).

-Each player starts with 2 doubloons instead of 3. There's more money to go around now

-Use all 8 quarries instead of 5, so that the Construction Hut is still useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.