Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kate Nichols
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

A friend of ours is staying with my husband and me and claims he never got us a wedding present when we got married 3 years ago. We don't remember these things, but he's adamant that he wants to buy us 3-4 games. So I/he'd like some recommendations.

Here's our info:
About a third of our gaming is just with each other (2-p) and the rest is with a group of about 8 that sometimes breaks in two.
Best games for us are shortish (about an hour?) and high on the fun factor.
Not interested in games that are too complicated as most of our friends aren't hardcore. Husband says we could use another good "party game".
Favorite games are Vikings, Basari, Modern Art, Settlers, Citadels, Sabateur, Galaxy Trucker, Pandemic, Finca, Stone Age, etc.

Some games on my list are: Pirate's Cove, Castle Panic, Nottingham, Tikal, Winner's Circle, and O Zoo Le Mio, none of which I've played.

Be interested in thoughts on the games above, as well as in ones I have missed...

Thanks, Kate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unnamed Object - plays up to 8

Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age - plays up to 4

Qwirkle Cubes - plays up to 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG! The Bullet! minimum 4p, but a lot of fun (imo). the bullet edition has all expansions, though I've never played with any of them (just the base game).

Ca$h 'n Gun$ recommended 4p minimum, yakuza expansion allows more than 6p. My gaming groups usually play this the same night as Bang! as they are similar.

Lost Cities card game is 2p, but if you buy 2 sets you can make it 4p. Lost Cities: The Board Game is based off the card game and is up to 4p.

Pit really fun card game for 3-8p. 0 down time as everyone goes at the same time (similar to everyone going at once to build their ship in Galaxy Trucker).

Guillotine card game that everyone I play with enjoys. I'd rather play Fluxx, but my wife hates it.

Alhambra I enjoy this game a lot. It's a little more time consuming than the above games, and unlike the above games and the games you enjoy (the ones I know of), this is a typical euro game where you don't really have much interaction with the other players, but aside from that I still find it enjoyable.

I've never played the ones on your list so I can't comment on those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For wedding presents, I'd buy two player games, since it's a "two player" occasion.

How many of the Kosmos 2 player games do you have? Most of these have pretty good play and finish in about an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys have awesome friends! laugh

Pirates Cove is alot of fun with my family. My parents liked it so much they went out and bought their own copy of it to have at the house. We enjoy it alot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.