Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assigning Grave Weapons on Spawning Pits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
In the rules, it states that you aren't allowed to choose any zombie on a spawning pit as a Grave Weapon. It then immediately says that you may even assign a grave weapon to a zombie that has just been spawned in the same phase. I can't seem to wrap my mind around this. Wouldn't a zombie that has just spawned still be on a spawning pit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There are plenty of cards that allow you to spawn zombies on other spaces... Maybe that is your answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
That part is rather confusingly worded. I think you may have misread it. It says that you can't give a grave weapon to a zombie in the same space as a hero or a space adjacent to the hero. It then says that you are always allowed to give a grave weapon to a zombie on a spawning pit, meaning that you can give a grave weapon weapon to zombie on a spawning pit even if a hero is in the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That part is worded a bit awkwardly in the rules, but I think Dragoon has it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont know if anyone of us has it. the rules say and i quote, "To give a Grave Weapon, draw a card from the Grave Weapon Deck and the choose any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same or adjacent space as a Hero (or ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit) and place the marker....You may even assign a Grave Weapon to a Zombie that has just been Spawned in the same phase.

to me it says that you can not place a grave weapon near a Hero or on a spawning pit, maybe you can not place grave weapons on spawning pits is because Stacy will be hanging out there too much.

i am not sure what to make of it, i think that i only one to give an official rule is Jason Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
troupkevin wrote:
i dont know if anyone of us has it. the rules say and i quote, "To give a Grave Weapon, draw a card from the Grave Weapon Deck and the choose any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same or adjacent space as a Hero (or ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit) and place the marker....You may even assign a Grave Weapon to a Zombie that has just been Spawned in the same phase.

to me it says that you can not place a grave weapon near a Hero or on a spawning pit, maybe you can not place grave weapons on spawning pits is because Stacy will be hanging out there too much.

i am not sure what to make of it, i think that i only one to give an official rule is Jason Hill.

I thought the same thing you did until I read it a few more times; it's just written strangely.

I'm pretty sure the rule is trying to say to choose either:

1. "Any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same or adjacent space as a Hero "

or

2. "(ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit)"

The ANY here implies that this would mean regardless of a Hero being in the same or adjacent space.

EDITED for spelling and punctuation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Swart
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Rob, I believe you have it right.

The decription states what you CAN choose, then goes on and states what you can't. THEN, () show you go back to what it can choose, in this case ANY zombie on a spawning pit.

Terrible phrasing but clearly the intent otherwise it would read as one sentence without the () breaking them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Rob is correct.

The intent is that you CAN place a Grave Weapon onto any Zombie that is on a Spawning Pit, regardless of the proximity of a Hero.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Cooper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Leach
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good! That means "Little Miss Sit on a Spawn Pit and Collect Hero Cards" had best watch her watch her butt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.