Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there may be a disconnect between the player aid cards and the v1.4 rulebook. The cards say level up, vilalge effect, purchase. However, in the Summary on visting the village, it says, village effects, purchase, level up.

I think it is more powerful to level up last (e.g., using gold from Hero cards, drawing more cards from the Town Guard for possibly chances to get heros to level up, getting more XP from trainers, etc.) but it doesn't seem like it would be broken either way.

Anything definitive on the Village order or can it be in whatever order the player desires?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
level after purchasing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought before purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.4 supercedes the turn order cards in the game and clarifies that you level up after purchasing.

From page 8:

"Note: Because you level up Heroes after making your purchase for the turn, you can use the golf value of the Hero card before destroying it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
you can use the golf value of the Hero card before destroying it.

More heroes need golf value. And a weapon in the village should be a nine iron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Longo
United States
Bayville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the version 1.4 rules official? Or just someone's interpretation of how the game should play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're official. AEG has v1.4 posted on the Thunderstone website.

http://www.alderac.com/thunderstone/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there discussion on BGG or somewhere else about this change? I learned the 1.0 rules and don't see the reason for this change, yet it can change the game especially with a game involving a trainer. It can have an effect to level up your characters faster. What is the reason and effects of this change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
tevacircus wrote:
Is there discussion on BGG or somewhere else about this change? I learned the 1.0 rules and don't see the reason for this change, yet it can change the game especially with a game involving a trainer. It can have an effect to level up your characters faster. What is the reason and effects of this change?

Leveling before buying created a timing issue which was not intended. Even prior to the change, you were allowed to use all money from heroes who were being leveled in a turn to make a buy, even after they were destroyed for leveling. Moving leveling to post-buy timing resolved this "banking" issue of remembering what heroes were leveled and what their money value was. This more directly reflects the desires of the game designer AND streamlines game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.