Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am the Allied commander, I am carpet bombing as much as possible, especially against German HQ's, since the attack will virtually guarantee that I will kill the HQ, resulting in no HQ for sub units for at least 3 turns (they go to Benelux and get back on board at a minimum of 3 turns later). Cut the head off the snake, as it were.

This seems like a tactic that is too powerful, or am I missing something.

Sure, I can only do it basically every three turns, but for the prospect of making German units out-of command, I'd gladly do it. Plus I have to plot it, and a savvy German will move his HQ around and not bunch them up to prevent this, but hey, I might take that chance.

Or do other people use their heavy bombers on the German strategic movement track, more so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Kelly,

I have always used this rule (too tempting) like you until the appearance of the second edition (semi official) of the Rules which I strongly recommend (much more historical and balanced).

Filippo

Look: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/9311/the-longest-day-2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Kelly, we are just getting into this campaign game again after a few false starts and I am the Allied Commander. My opinion is that early-on, you need the bombers to hit the strat-chart to impede as much of the German reinforcements as possible. There are a number of German units off-map that are scheduled to come-on within the first week or so.

How far are you in your current game? I think that there are more opportunities to use the heavy bombers as the German lines begin to become defended in-depth. Not to mention, you always have a decent chance of getting bad weather the first few weeks. Also, you are right that the HQ can be moved as its hard not telegraph your intentions with the Heavy bombers. As a result, I believe that the Germans can minimize the impact of Carpet bombing, although whenever the Allies do use them, there is no doubt it helps their cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.