Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game for the first time yesterday. I still don't know if I liked it or not, but I think the game length may be biasing my thoughts here and since the next game will certainly go faster, I'll give it another shot and see how it goes. Anyway, there is a question in here. When we got to the step in setup where you place the home realm entry points, it was a mess. Our first board made it impossible to comply and we had to restart. I just wondered if we had done something wrong or if you really do need to focus on making a fairly uniform blob if you're going to have any hope of getting everything right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had to "restart" the board setup during our first game, too. I think the "trick" is: keep the "impassable" terrain in the interior, and not on the edges where the homelands will go.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
We had to "restart" the board setup during our first game, too. I think the "trick" is: keep the "impassable" terrain in the interior, and not on the edges where the homelands will go.
TK

I second that. the only things I care about when putting pieces on the board is if cities and resources are not too clustered to one side and to put impassable terrain inside the boards as I know that otherwise it will mess up the home realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.