Lock 'n Load Tactical: Battle Pack Bravo» Forums » General

Subject: Comment on BPB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I bought Battle Pack Bravo from Orc's Nest in London the other day. First off, the scenarios are really excellent - the ones I've played - and show that this sort of thing can improve over time. Some use the Noville grunts and landsers on BoH maps, which makes for a pleasing change.

The map is ok, sort of, though I think it is a bit of a dead-end use wise: how many scenarios can you think of with castles in them? I would've preferred just another general use BoH-type landscape - perhaps one with factories woods or something.

I presume it is the map which justifies the outrageous price I paid for this pack - 19 pounds! - which is a shame because, as I said, the map ain't much use to me.

Don't get me wrong - I really like LnL games, have been impressed by the company's response to both questions concerning rules and problems with merchandise. I also find Mark etc amiable, funny and helpful. I just think it needs to be said that 12 scenarios and a near-worthless map don't warrant the cost paid.

Ah, I know I'm gonna get it for this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes boardgame prices combined with shipping costs (especially international shipping costs) make for a very expensive fun factor purchase, in my opinion. This is why many of the boardgames I would like to have are in my Wish List ("wish the price was more affordable").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe LnL could provide an overlay to cover the castle and make the board more suited to using in other scenarios. That would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renzo Bulli
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you own Not One Step Back you can use overlay Y and a couple of the terrain variant counters (say with woods on them) to put a large hill in place of the castle.

The only problem then would be the road in H3 going nowhere, but I suppose you could hide that too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.