Travis Wales
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I will cut ya!
badge
Puuuurrrrrrrrrrrr
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys I would appreciate some feedback on these questions. I think I have the answers already, but just want to make sure my interpretation of the rules is correct.

Thanks in advance.

1. When using Graviton Negator to allow your fighters to participate in invasion combat, can you take causalities from fighters instead of your ground forces? My assumption is yes. I am already aware that you cannot begin an invasion without at least one ground force present...in other words you can't just invade with fighters to soften up the planet. But I believe the correct interpretation of the rules is that if you do use your fighters to accompany your GFs you can use the fighters as fodder to take hits before eliminating GFs if you want to.

2. When using Facilities/Colonies can you build them on planets that were just taken? I assume this is no. I figure this will act much like building a space dock, meaning you would need to control the system for an entire turn.

3. When using Space Mines can you deploy them in systems just taken over? I assume you can deploy them anywhere anytime as long as there are no enemy ships present.

4. Can you deploy more than one Space Mine at a time in a system? I assume you can, but would be limited by the number of cruisers you have in the system. If I were able to sneak two cruisers into a unguarded enemy system I could potentially build 2 space mines there right?

5. Lastly when performing a tactical action during the production step am I limited in the number of things I can build in a system? As an example -- Assuming I have controlled a triple planet system a full game round can I move ships there, build two space docks, build facilities on each planet in the system, and deploy space mines if I have the resources to pay for all of that? I assume the answer is yes, but am looking for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Random Rule Clarification
Tredogg wrote:
1. When using Graviton Negator to allow your fighters to participate in invasion combat, can you take causalities from fighters instead of your ground forces? My assumption is yes. I am already aware that you cannot begin an invasion without at least one ground force present...in other words you can't just invade with fighters to soften up the planet. But I believe the correct interpretation of the rules is that if you do use your fighters to accompany your GFs you can use the fighters as fodder to take hits before eliminating GFs if you want to.

Yes, they can participate in all ways. Note that if you have Shock Troops, I think those MUST be taken first (even with fighters), but beyond that, Fighters can be taken, too.

Quote:
2. When using Facilities/Colonies can you build them on planets that were just taken? I assume this is no. I figure this will act much like building a space dock, meaning you would need to control the system for an entire turn.

I would have to look at the rules, I think they say you have to have controlled the planet the entire round.

Quote:
3. When using Space Mines can you deploy them in systems just taken over? I assume you can deploy them anywhere anytime as long as there are no enemy ships present.

Yes, you can place them at the end of any movement where you have a Cruiser present in the activated system.

Quote:
4. Can you deploy more than one Space Mine at a time in a system? I assume you can, but would be limited by the number of cruisers you have in the system. If I were able to sneak two cruisers into a unguarded enemy system I could potentially build 2 space mines there right?

No, only one mine per activation is allowed.

Quote:
5. Lastly when performing a tactical action during the production step am I limited in the number of things I can build in a system? As an example -- Assuming I have controlled a triple planet system a full game round can I move ships there, build two space docks, build facilities on each planet in the system, and deploy space mines if I have the resources to pay for all of that? I assume the answer is yes, but am looking for clarification.

That sounds right, except you can only build 1 Space Mine per activation. But right off, I don't think there would be anything barring you from the other stuff. In fact, if you had a Space Dock on the THIRD planet already, I believe you could also build a full complement of units there in addition to the other stuff (using the planet's Production Capacity, of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Wales
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I will cut ya!
badge
Puuuurrrrrrrrrrrr
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

Thank you for the quick feed back. I appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyn Lee Fox
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
This user will support the website in the future.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tredogg wrote:
1. When using Graviton Negator to allow your fighters to participate in invasion combat, can you take causalities from fighters instead of your ground forces?

I believe you are interpreting it correctly. That it allows fighters to work in invasion combat in the same way ground forces do. With the exceptions that they can't initiate an invasion by themselves, and they cannot take control of a planet by themselves (they return to space after the invasion). A note about Shock troops: the rules state that they "must always be taken as casualties before any other Ground Forces during Invasion Combat." Although a strict reading would seem to indicate that Graviton Negated Fighters could protect the Shock troops, the rule may have been written with the idea of only Shock Troops and GF's being present, since that's usually the case. So I could see it going either way.

Quote:

"Facilities are built following the same rules as Space Docks, and may only be built on a planet that you have controlled for the entire game round" (for more info, see Facilities - SE rules page 11)

Quote:

Yes, kind of. You must have a Cruiser present during the Produce Units step of the Activation. The "no enemy ships" restriction isn't necessary since there is no way you'd have a Cruiser in a system with enemies after the Space Battle step is resolved. (for more info, see Space Mines - SE rules page 10)

Quote:

"Players may never produce more than one space mine during a single activation." (for more info, see Space Mines - SE rules page 10)

Quote:

Yes, I'm fairly sure you can do all of that, even the multiple Space Dock part.
To build a space dock, you must meet these restrictions:

1) The system with the planet was just activated.
2) You've controlled the planet since the beginning of the round.
3) Only one Space Dock per planet is allowed.

If you meet all these you can spend 4 resources to build the space dock during the Production step. There is no mention of any restriction to one per activation. (for more info, see Space docks - TI3 rules page 26)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.