Popular Tags: [View All]
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Arkham Horror (apparently).
Just to be clear, I AM looking for games that are multiplayer (and probably should be better multiplayer), just with solo-play as a viable alternative/second prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
did you check this out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for linking, although it's a pity those kind of lists don't allow for much debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In AH, you have a character that you slowly build up over time, working towards the final boss monster. Sounds a lot like Runebound (Second Edition), which many people enjoy solo.

Ghost Stories has a similar theme, but nowhere close to the same kind of solo narrative you can get with AH.

Have you tried Witch of Salem? I think I read it can be played solo, and it's theme is very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Krupa
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best solo and multi:

1. Pandemic + Pandemic:On the Brinck (for all gamers)
2. A Touch of Evil + Something Wicked Expansion (brilliant ameritrash)
3. Le Havre (heavy euro)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age

Both work well with multi and solo player variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola
Le Havre
At the Gates of Loyang
Race for the Galaxy with Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

I have found that I really enjoy playing Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game solo. If you go to their website, they have the rules. It's not as thrilling as playing in a group of 6 and trying to find out the 2-3 cylons (or being the 2-3 Cylons and screwing over the colonials), but once the Cylons are outed, the game is far from over: the colonials are still desperately trying to survive, and the game captures that, along with a way of randomly screwing you over when the CPU player becomes a cylon (if it ever does).

Beyond that, I will go with the masses and say Pandemic is an excellent game. Since it is a cooperative game, you are cooperating with yourself. I like to play 4 roles at the same time, and it taught me how to best utilize each role.

Ingenious has solitaire rules, but I have not played them.

Beyond the realm of Euros and Ameritrash, I found that the out-of-print, but still reasonbly price minigame Icebergs is excellent. It has built-in solitaire rules and plays up to 6. The more the merrier, but the solo game is solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.