Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just had my first Bindle Rails game... just to try the rules and the game flow, not even checking all the technology effects or events in advance... and finished with 55 VP.... i suspect i did something wrong.

I have chosen PRR, all three goals were ok:

- 15 VP for "Acquire all Stations and Hotels (I suppose they are 4: Modern Stations, Advanced Stations, Hotels, Grand Hotels)
- 10 VP for "First track to Chicago"
- 5 VP for "Acquire 7 Technology"

Completed all Routes for PRR, all Bridge and Engine active. Company Value is $18. 9 Technologies in total. No other Private or Public companies acquired. No Managers.

Just some clarification:

1) I draw 7 Event cards (can be modified by Events or Technologies). These 7 cards are firstly used for Competitor Adjustment, then they become my hand.

2) Buy Technology - I can use (spend) cards from my hand with a (+) to buy Technologies. With 4 (+) cards I can buy a +3 Technology and a +1 Technology. This cards a set aside and reshuffled in the deck at the end of the turn

3) Build Routes - cards spent to build routes are put aside and reshuffled in the deck at the end of the turn

4) Manipulate Company values - remaining cards in my hand can be spent using the $$ value to move up/down Company values.

5) Buy Private Companies - remaining cards in my hand can be spent using the $$ value to buy Private Companies (having BANKING etc etc). I can add other $$ if lowering my Company Value (adding the difference between rows)

6) Buy Public Company - like 5) but Public Company has to be in "Bayout" and its cost is the Company Value plus half the sum of all the "Build Values" of already built Routes (rules says to sum "Routes Points").

7) Invest - I can put aside an unused card (only one) as a reminder that i can have an extra card in my next turn draw (similar to some events). This card is not shuffled in the deck for next turn (it's a reminder....)

8) Wrapping up the hand - All Event cards are reshuffled.... all the cards spent and some unused still in my hand. I remain with no card in the hand. The Invest Reminder card remain there until next turn.... otherwise i forget to get in this turn an extra card

9) Event Speculation: my interpretation is that i draw and extra card. If it is a (+) i will draw another one and so on until a card with (-) is drawn. All the drawn cards remain in my hand including the last one with (-).

10) Event Acquisition: ok for the 1/2 cost but what "... manipulating Company Value" is intended for?

11) Event Build!: my interpretation is that all Competitors advance one "box" on the Routes, it can be a Route, a Bridge or an Engine. Or do they complete the next or current uncomplete Route whatever is still required?

12) Highest/Lower numbers on Event cards: the comparison is between Build Points box and $$ box

13) Modern Steam Technology - in the turn you acquire it you can consider as Build Points the $$ box of the cards. A card has so a ttal Build Points value equal to the sum of the Build Points box and the $$$ box. Same for Electric Engines but it is for the remainder of the game.

14) $$$ received by Technology - how to keep track of $$$ got by Technology?

Any comment on above interpretations/questions is greatly appreciated.

Ciao and congratulation Jack,

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alessandro! You had a good first game from the sounds of it!

Briefly... all questions you are dead on with, except for the following...

9) Event Speculation: my interpretation is that i draw and extra card. If it is a (+) i will draw another one and so on until a card with (-) is drawn. All the drawn cards remain in my hand including the last one with (-).

Close! Once a (-) is drawn, all cards picked up are removed. Otherwise, you get as many cards as you drew (+)'s for in your next hand.

10) Event Acquisition: ok for the 1/2 cost but what "... manipulating Company Value" is intended for?

Not sure what you mean on this one. I'll have to dig out my set and look at the card a little more closely.

11) Event Build!: my interpretation is that all Competitors advance one "box" on the Routes, it can be a Route, a Bridge or an Engine. Or do they complete the next or current uncomplete Route whatever is still required?

You are correct. They move one box further along. For a harder game, you can have them complete an entire row.

14) $$$ received by Technology - how to keep track of $$$ got by Technology?

I never thought about this one. I think there's only a few technologies that are like this and like the rest of the cards, they have to be used that turn. I think you could probably get away with a few extra coins to track this.

Thank you for playing, Alex! It sounds like you had a great first game... if you're second game score is higher, let me know!

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your quick reply Jack,

Raiderjakk wrote:

Close! Once a (-) is drawn, all cards picked up are removed. Otherwise, you get as many cards as you drew (+)'s for in your next hand.

Does it mean that it's up to me to decide when to stop before to get a (-)? Is this the intention of the rule?

Ciao,

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
alextrov wrote:

Does it mean that it's up to me to decide when to stop before to get a (-)? Is this the intention of the rule?

Ciao,

Alex

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.