Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
If US player plays Five Year Plan as an event on his action round and plucks the Defectors card from the USSR player's hand, would he score a VP? I'm guessing he wouldn't. That's how we played it anyways, not that it had an impact on the game, as the USSR won through control of Europe when the scoring card came up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, here we go. From the collected rulings

Quote:
US does not gain a VP when the USSR player discards Defectors during the US action round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing you were right! The Yanks only get a VP if the Soviets play Defectors, not if they discard it for any reason, like Five Year Plan. Defectors is useless to the Americans except as a headline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if Five year plan was played as a headline and drew defectors before the ussr event had taken place, then surely it would work, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would work, but as you rightly say it wouldn't rewind the game to cancel a 4 Op USSR headline that had already happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if the USSR plays 5-Year-Plan to discard Defectors as their last card? The collected rulings quote didn't cover that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be the Soviet Action Round, so Defectors should trigger. It doesn't trigger in the OP because the Americans pull it on their own action round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.