Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SPOILER ALERT:

The "Fund Drive For The Arts" Mythos card says "...For every $2 an Investigator spends, he may draw one card from the Unique Item deck. He then takes one card from among those he has drawn and shuffles the rest back into the deck."

How literally do I take that?

I was playing "King In Yellow" Touring Performance version, where the expansion Items are all placed on top of their respective decks, making it extremely unlikely that you'll have access to Base Game items. But this card says "SHUFFLES the rest back into the deck."

So I paid $6 to draw 3 Unique Items, kept one and shuffled the other two back, shuffling the whole deck in the process. This made a HUGE difference to the rest of the game.

The Question: Should I have-

1)just discarded the unused Items to the bottom of the deck, or
2)reshuffled the whole deck like I did?

(Oddly enough it was a Common Item, the "Press Pass" that really tipped the scales. Joe Diamond wound up with BOTH Press Passes, for an endless source of extra Clues)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i do not think two press passes for one investigator are legal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
i do not think two press passes for one investigator are legal...

Press Pass is a normal Common Item. If you can get both, more power to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the term 'shuffling' was intended to invalidate the 'touring performance' style of play. I'd suggest you just discard the extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.