Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the overlord spawn monsters behind the villagers? They do block line of sight, but it would seem cheesy to spawn right next to them and kill them all befoer the heroes had a chance; but the Journey s in the dark spawing rules only list hero line of sight as a restriciton.

Can the sarcophagus be searched like a normal sarcophagus or since it is a plot item is it off limits?

Please reference the printed rule in your answer if possible.

Thanks.
-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a post:

"...the FAQ clarifies that though villagers use markers they are actually figures, which means they don't block line of sight for spawning purposes. "

So that answers that part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We treated any sarcophagus as a "searchable" sarcophagus if there wasn't anything explicitly stated that you cannot search it. It's in the rules, so go nuts.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
We treated any sarcophagus as a "searchable" sarcophagus if there wasn't anything explicitly stated that you cannot search it. It's in the rules, so go nuts.

-shnar

Well the rules say you do remove the sarcophagus when you search it; but that is where the Dungeon level leader spawns, so if the sarcophagus was searched, and is removed, would you spawn the leader where the sarcophagus was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm, good point. Maybe these are "special" sarcophagi?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMurray
msg tools
I highly recommend reading the FAQ. Both of your questions are answered there. for some games reading the FAQ or errata is optional, but for Descent, and especially for the advanced campaign, reading the FAQ is sometimes the only way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What FAQ? There isn't a FAQ the files section nor in the support section of the FFG site. In the FFG forums there is a "Gathered List of Answered Questions" but it doesn't mention sarcophagus at all.

Can you post a link please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James McMurray wrote:
I highly recommend reading the FAQ. Both of your questions are answered there. for some games reading the FAQ or errata is optional, but for Descent, and especially for the advanced campaign, reading the FAQ is sometimes the only way to play.

+1

Since you asked nicely...
FAQ pg11
... (Villagers are figures, not map elements.)
FAQ pg9
Dungeon Level 27: The Monastery
Lord Aktar may be summoned regardless of whether or not the sarcophagus has been searched. If the sarcophagus is missing, simply place Lord Aktar adjacent to its original location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spacehulk wrote:
What FAQ? There isn't a FAQ the files section nor in the support section of the FFG site. In the FFG forums there is a "Gathered List of Answered Questions" but it doesn't mention sarcophagus at all.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent/faq/de...

It is on the FFG site under boardgames/descent/support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corbon wrote:
Spacehulk wrote:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent/faq/de...

It is on the FFG site under boardgames/descent/support.

Ah, I thought that file was for vanilla Descent only. Thanks a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Bensmiller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Afraid Yet?
mbmbmbmbmb
With any rulings that pertain the sarcophagus and searching, I only use the rule that they are removed if, it is a generic sarcophagus.

On other dungeons where there are creatures that spawn from them, I keep them on the dungeon layout as a permanent fixture and only allow on search per sarcophagus on the floor.

I use the rules with height on the sarcophagus so I like to give either advantages and/or disadvantages to both the heroes and enemies. I prefer leaving the sarcophagus on the map at all times since it adds to the dungeon level look and feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That friggin' FAQ is so large that you almost have to read it before every session, just to make sure you remember all the minor fixes!

And probably a good idea to reread the FAQ before trying to answer questions on the forums (a habit I need to get into ).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.