Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(This is too short to be a Session Report)

My brother and I played our first game of Risk 2210 last night (my 2nd game, his 1st) During setup (sorry- "Preparing For WAR") a brown "Stink Bug" appeared out of nowhere and perched on a table lamp as though 'watching' the battle like some evil Alien Insect Overmind.

This is odd because it's Feb and 13 degrees outside- the whole area's been overrun with these harmless bugs the past two Summers, but where did he come from in Winter? Under 2 feet of snow? We couldn't put him outside, and i heard you don't want to squash them cause they'll stink.

He crawled across the board a few times, inspecting the troops I guess. Probably taking notes for an Alien Invasion. My brother nicknamed him "Stinky". (Don't know why they're called stink bugs, I've never gotten a bad smell from them)

Now bear in mind, we're both over 40 (!) Snowed in, unable to reach our friends/girlfriends; I was transported back to Summer vacations in Middle School (a quarter-century ago!!) when we'd play Risk and other strategy games all night...Now thanks to the miracle of the Interweb I can be an uber-nerd, playing geeky wargames and then posting my nerdiness on the web afterwards :-)

Haven't matured a single day since the 1980s!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe... My first thought was that someone had made a new expansion for the game.

I'm still pondering ways to use the bug as a gamepeice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found little "stinky" belly up on my kitchen table the other day, dead :-(

Shouldn't be too sad tho, he probably lived to his full life expectancy....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a "full" life is a subjective term. For bugs it's not saying much. What'd you do with him? I've heard that if you get them when they're still fresh you can pose them and spray with clear acrylic to make a mini out of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.