Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Last game we had 11 heroes on the board at one point. Remembering who belong to who was pretty much impossible. Has anyone come up with a good way to mark heroes so you can easily see who belongs to who?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckessel wrote:
Last game we had 11 heroes on the board at one point. Remembering who belong to who was pretty much impossible. Has anyone come up with a good way to mark heroes so you can easily see who belongs to who?

Checking the pictures?

Another solution would be to find disks with each color's factions and put them below each hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each faction can only control 3 heroes at a time at the most. With the hero cards in front of you, you should be able to keep track pretty well.

I found it a little more difficult in remembering my heroes' individual strengths and my plans for each one. Which quest you select for each hero largely depends on their individual attributes and hero paraphernalia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's fairly easy to remember your own heroes. It's the enemies that matter and particular in season 4-6 knowing which enemy heroes are near home territory and laden with goodies is very important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A while back I realized that having various sizes of papercraft style circular hole punches (3/4 inch and up) allows me to easily print out & create a wide range of tokens for my miniatures games.

So for Runewars I just used the 1 inch punch to create 12 disks from blue, red, green and purple cardstock. A bit of sticky tack holds 'em in place under the hero and - Viola! Color coded ring around the base of each hero!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of using my 1st edition Runebound character standees with different color bases for each faction that I could swap as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Pat Dolan wrote:
A while back I realized that having various sizes of papercraft style circular hole punches (3/4 inch and up) allows me to easily print out & create a wide range of tokens for my miniatures games.

So for Runewars I just used the 1 inch punch to create 12 disks from blue, red, green and purple cardstock. A bit of sticky tack holds 'em in place under the hero and - Viola! Color coded ring around the base of each hero!

Brilliant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graydon Schlichter
United States
California
flag msg tools
So, I am an old time D&D minis player (now mostly retired). A guy came out with different sized bases that those figures would fit into to make it easier to keep track of them. Turns out the bases for the small figures fit the runewars hero bases and now, that guy has posted this in his web shop.

http://dapperdevil.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_inf...

Anyhow, I love this solution (though I am admittedly a geek for pimping games in small ways, I replaced the power point markers in Chaos in the Old World with color appropriate glass stones, including a frosted one for Tzneetch which just feels right).

Hope this is helpful

Graydon

PS - full disclosure, the owner is a friend of mine, so feel free to invalidate my opinion if you need to, but it is my honest appraisal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave O
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lots of good suggestions. I like the idea of tacking a card-stock circle to the base of each Hero. That would certainly be the easiest thing to do.

I'm going to differentiate my Heroes by priming them all first then spraying the neutrals green, the villains red and the heroes white. I don't have the skills, time or desire to give them a proper paint job so I'm just going to black wash them to bring out the details so they'll be a little easier to identify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario bacchi
England
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Family member disks from Agricola work brilliantly for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.