Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
105 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The Man, The Myth, The Moustache Math Trade - Part The Second - The Myth - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week one of this month long odyessey is so far successful (hopefully there won't be any complications in the results). Got some interesting feedback last week, predominately with people being super worried about Hawaii and Alaska, even though no one in the trade ended up being from there. Couple of rule tweaks this week; I suspect I'll continue to open up the rules more and more as the weeks go by to keep participation up.

Important Times and Dates:
Monday, February 8, 2010 1600 GMT/1000 CST : Item Submission Opens
Saturday, February 13, 2010 1600 GMT/1000 CST : Item Submission Closes/Want Submission Opens
Monday, February 15, 2010 1600 GMT/1000 CST : Want Submission Closes/Results Posted

Unusual Rules:
1. Board Games, RPGs, and related items only. GeekGold and Gift Certificates are acceptable as sweetners though. No other items.
2. Shipper pays all shipping. Your call on the restrictiveness, still no partial pay though.

Quick Links:
Trade List: The Man, The Myth, The Moustache Math Trade - Part The Second - The Myth
Request List: The Man, The Myth, The Moustache Math Trade - Part The Second - The Myth - Request List
Discussion Thread: The Man, The Myth, The Moustache Math Trade - Part The Second - The Myth - Discussion Thread

Full Rules:
1) Use of OLWLG is required.

2) Only Board Games, RPGs, and related Items are allowed as main items. GeekGold and Gift Certificates are acceptable as sweetners, but you must currently have all the GeekGold, and all Gift Certificates must be to Game Stores.

3) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

4) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

5) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

6) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know.

7) Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

8) You must be extremely explicit in where you will ship to, because you are required to pay all shipping. You can be as restrictive as you want on where you will ship to. No partial pay/co-pay.

9) Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Trade Settings:
TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=42, ITERATIONS=500, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Good Luck Trading
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 47 WANTS (5.3%) FROM 14 USER(s) (9.9%):
# DrakeStorm (8)
# gesa (3)
# gryn (2)
# happyabg (8)
# iamspoo (1)
# joewyka (5)
# jpbartleby (1)
# masaakunokouchi (1)
# robdizzledeets (3)
# sirebelle (3)
# The Gamebler (2)
# thomasdean007 (8)
# tokyozin (1)
# weavie (1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Num trades = 68 of 850 items (8.0%)
Total cost = 2000000066 (avg 29411765.68)
Num groups = 10
Group sizes = 19 19 8 5 4 4 3 2 2 2
Sum squares = 864
Elapsed time = 73543ms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for doing the math trade series!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whee! I'm enjoying the idea behind this series. I'll be curious to see how your rules evolve throughout and the complaints that seem to follow any math trade regardless of the heavy or lack of restrictions.

It's like play testing a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just waiting for the last one to finish so I can see what I got!
(Or didn't get!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, GG and GCs are great ways to cross international boundaries as there are no shipping cost. That's why I like when they can actually be items themselves.

I don't want to "cheat" and put up a paper clip + 500 GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are live. Start submitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEVER MIND! I didn't notice the multiple trades. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot see this MT in OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Peters-Campbell
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same, not seeing it. And oh, I've been looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently Adrian gave the info to Jeff last night, as Jeff adds them all manually when he gets around to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Apparently Adrian gave the info to Jeff last night, as Jeff adds them all manually when he gets around to it.

What he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OLWLG is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am correct in reading that you can use gift cards as sweeteners, correct? The boiler plate copying can be confusing (for example, it mentions non-game items, but it also says you can't place non-game items in the trade).

Thanks again for running these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, how often does the OLWLG get re-synched? I just added some sweeteners to my offering, and I'd hate for the unlikely event that someone who might be interested to miss out on them. Or am I better off relisting?

Note: Item 32 (Munchkin) has been upgraded. I've added Star Munchkin as well as a $10 (USD) game store gift certificate as sweeteners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, gift cards as sweetners are acceptable. OLWLG gets updated more frequently during the day, with sporadic updates up to about 9pm Central, and then updates pick up again in the morning around 7am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this whole series of MTs is using a kind of a new concept, I am going to try something new this time.
Instead of posting offers of the things that I most want to get rid of, I am going to only post offers for things that have been specifically requested on the Request List.
We will see how this experiment goes.
Note that I am not trying to imply that I invented this concept as there was a previous MT that required everyone in the MT to only post items that were specifically requested (see Ask & Ye Shall Receive Math Trade), just that I am doing something different than my standard approach this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Since this whole series of MTs is using a kind of a new concept, I am going to try something new this time.
Instead of posting offers of the things that I most want to get rid of, I am going to only post offers for things that have been specifically requested on the Request List.
We will see how this experiment goes.
Note that I am not trying to imply that I invented this concept as there was a previous MT that required everyone in the MT to only post items that were specifically requested (see Ask & Ye Shall Receive Math Trade), just that I am doing something different than my standard approach this time.

Double experiment, yay. Crap now i have to make sure everything i'm even vaguely interested in is in the request list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made several changes to an entry. Since I know a number of people add things to their want list as the trade proceeds, I didn't feel comfortable leaving it as it was.

Please note item 32 (Munchkin combo Pack) has been relisted as item 408, with the correct sweeteners and shipping conditions (I've proof read it several times). Item 32 will have a blank want list submitted and it is noted in the current entry.

I apologize for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B.
United States
Pasco
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had several items in the "The Man" trade that were not on anybody's wanted list at all. Do you folks think it would be worth relisting these games? I'm guessing that it will be many of the same participants and my results would be similar, but thought I'd ask.

I'd rather not clog the list up with unwanted stuff if chances are slim to none that anyone would want it I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomic_dog wrote:
I had several items in the "The Man" trade that were not on anybody's wanted list at all. Do you folks think it would be worth relisting these games? I'm guessing that it will be many of the same participants and my results would be similar, but thought I'd ask.

I'd rather not clog the list up with unwanted stuff if chances are slim to none that anyone would want it I suppose.

I'd say go for it. We may get more people, and some people standards may start to go down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try bundling some things together too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.