Subject: General Question about Prices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Swartz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools

I have a ton of old SPI games and I'm curious about their marketplace value.

I seem to remember running across a database which tracked sales info, but can't remember where. There seems to be info like that for more recent games here (under closed auctions on the game page), but it's generally nonexistent for 70's games. Does anybody know of a resource for earlier games, perhaps on a different site?

Thanks -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Refer to OOP reseller sites like nobleknight.com and trollandtoad.com, but discount 15 - 30% off their prices to get an idea what you may get in resale to another seller. Also check eBay.

The value of S&T games vary greatly, as some titles were great, while others were not so great. Regardless of their rarity, bad titles don't hold their value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Swartz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools

Thanks for the help -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Refer to OOP reseller sites like nobleknight.com and trollandtoad.com, but discount 15 - 30% off their prices to get an idea what you may get in resale to another seller. Also check eBay.

It depends on the product and the price. 15-30% off the CHEAPER of the two sites may be appropriate, as each overvalues some games, and Troll & Toad is notorious for excessively high prices for OOP games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Swartz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks again.

Just to clarify, I'm primarily interested in whether there exists a comprehensive pricing application or list somewhere. One of the threads on Consimworld seemed to suggest that there is a guy (no link) who complies auction info on wargames from ebay etc and sells a quarterly price book. BGG does a good job using info based (I assume) only on BGG posted information.

A publically-available auction crawler database that you could interface your games list to would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted McManus
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This isn't what you're asking for as its scope is limited only to BGG sales history, but this person has written an app that does a superb job plotting past BGG sales for a given game:

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.