Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the components do not really fill the box, and I am pretty sure this has the usual FFG (mostly) useless insert. Anyone already find a way to make it take up less space in the ol' game closet?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I have read the components do not really fill the box, and I am pretty sure this has the usual FFG (mostly) useless insert. Anyone already find a way to make it take up less space in the ol' game closet?...

Someone lied to you. I could almost fit in another mid-sized game with the space left over in my box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Bensmiller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Afraid Yet?
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
Titeman wrote:

Someone lied to you. I could almost fit in another mid-sized game with the space left over in my box.

That's true.

With my extra space I'm going to put all my extra Runewars expansions :)

I did the same for the Twilight Imperium Expansions and Tide of Iron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, storage is definitely NOT a problem. You will have plenty of room in the box with plenty of room leftover for the inevitable expansion, should you decide to buy that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graydon Schlichter
United States
California
flag msg tools
On a related note ... depending on how you prefer to store components for this game, I discovered today that you can store the non-card bits in two Plano 3650 trays. One tray for the neutral units/chits and one tray for the bits for the factions. If anyone is curious I can post a pic.

Graydon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems my original post was misread. I KNOW there is extra space in the box, so I am looking for storage ideas that will take up less space than the box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Graethynne wrote:
On a related note ... depending on how you prefer to store components for this game, I discovered today that you can store the non-card bits in two Plano 3650 trays. One tray for the neutral units/chits and one tray for the bits for the factions. If anyone is curious I can post a pic.

Graydon

yes please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the components could be fit into a smaller box... except the #8 Map Tile - it's too long to fit in the FFG small boxes. Maybe even to fit in the War of the Ring sized boxes.

While it doesn't fill the box like my TI3 + Expansion fills it's box, I don't know how well it would "compress", either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graydon Schlichter
United States
California
flag msg tools
Link to pic of neutral storage solution.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/665966/runewars

Graydon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once baggied up, I fitted the whole thing into a plastic document case I had laying about - BUT I found that some of the miniatures, especially the purple figures, are bloody delicate so I suggest you include a rigid box somewhere in your solution to keep them safe.

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think as long as you aren't packing them TOO tightly and don't let them get banged around too much, you should be OK. I've only had one piece break - the shield off one of my Siege Towers. I've actually since moved all the faction units to small tackle boxes, and now I am not nearly as worried about making sure they are on top of the pile of components, because they are protected

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a fishing tackle box (I buy one for all games with tokens ie:ALL FFG games) for all the pieces and a hard case for the cards. Even with these holders everything fits in the box with ease. The only things lose in the box are the map tiles, neutral and race cards, and rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.