Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During my first couple solo plays, I seemed to end up drawing hands that contained mostly killed monsters. Which basically allowed me to "shop" in the village, not attack in the dungeon. Subsequently, the monsters would "drop" into the village score pile. It seems as though killing more monsters was punishing me. Am I doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In solo play you can be choosy on which monsters you kill. sometimes it's better to let the lower VP monters slip by and either rest, or buy a needed village cards, and focus on the killing the higher VP monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Turn Yet?
United States
Kirkland
WA
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="My Turn Yet?
badge
30 Days, 0 plays
mbmbmbmbmb
degamer wrote:
In solo play you can be choosy on which monsters you kill. sometimes it's better to let the lower VP monters slip by and either rest, or buy a needed village cards, and focus on the killing the higher VP monsters.

Agree. I just played my first (two) solo games. I lost the first one (1 Bazillion to 6), and on the second game (immediately following) I was much more choosy about which monsters went into the village pile. This caused me to win with a nice score of 48 to 30.

One of the main tactics I used was to attack, and lose to, the lower VP monsters, instead of letting the higher ones fall into the Village Pile. Banish was really helpful in this game as well, allowing me to move higher VP cards away from rank 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paigew wrote:
Banish was really helpful in this game as well, allowing me to move higher VP cards away from rank 1.

Uh oh! Bad news - Banish is not allowed in the solo game. Check out the updated solo rules on the AEG website. I think you can see why!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paigew wrote:
degamer wrote:

Agree. I just played my first (two) solo games. I lost the first one (1 Bazillion to 6), and on the second game (immediately following) I was much more choosy about which monsters went into the village pile. This caused me to win with a nice score of 48 to 30.

One of the main tactics I used was to attack, and lose to, the lower VP monsters, instead of letting the higher ones fall into the Village Pile. Banish was really helpful in this game as well, allowing me to move higher VP cards away from rank 1.

I'm fairly sure Banish or any effect (elf sorcerer) that lets you manipulate the order of the monsters is illegal in solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
degamer wrote:

Agreed. I've played a number of solo games and I usually visit the village on turns when a 2 or 3 VP monster is in the first rank, as long as I have the gold. At the end of the turn the low point monster goes to the monsters point total...no problem, it's only 2 points. Don't let Ebon Fume get through though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.