Subject: Yo, Saints fans! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. Nice win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
WHO DAT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bourbon Street is on fire tonight! Granted, that would happen whether the Saints won or lost. Or if there was a Superbowl tonight or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was really fantastic to witness the storyline of an ex-Packer in his pursuit of a ring with a different team this year. What a ride.

Congrats Mark Brunell. We wish we could have kept you on our roster indefinitely. We're proud of you in Green Bay.

And, we're glad your team ended another similar storyline of less merit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, fun to watch, and congrats Saints!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Various thoughts:

1. That makes three stellar Super Bowls in a row. Awesome.

2. I haven't been this happy for a non-Giants Super Bowl win since Warner took the Rams over the Titans in the game that ended so famously it was mentioned in Cast Away.

3. 2 Missed opportunities by Denny's: The first "so many eggs" commercial should've aired right after the Tim Tebow pro-life commercial. Also, the follow-up commercial should've made POTUS chicken brown.

4. Commercial parallel #1 - Back-to-back commercials featuring men in no pants.

5. Commercial parallel #2: Back-to-back commericals featuring little people. "Little Kiss" immediately followed by mini Troy Palamalu. (The latter was better)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
The commercials didnt even make the game worth watching this year. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the commercials pretty much sucked--though, to be fair, they've sucked for quite a few years now. (I suspect they've always been underwhelming and I just didn't notice.)

Though I loved the Late Show spot. I'm a sucker for stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Superbowl also allowed me to indulge in my one Superbowl tradition--pull out my copy of Pizza Box Football, fondle the rules, and slide it wistfully away, knowing full well I won't get anyone to play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

3. 2 Missed opportunities by Denny's: The first "so many eggs" commercial should've aired right after the Tim Tebow pro-life commercial.

4. Commercial parallel #1 - Back-to-back commercials featuring men in no pants.

#3 - LOL!

#4 - I thought that was a bit unfortunate, but ya, rather amusing.

Great game. Had a lot of fun watching that today. And I was rooting for the Saints, so that was cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thought:

6. That onsides kick to start the second half should go down as a top-5 Super Bowl play. If not, it should at least go down as the play requiring the biggest set of balls to call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember all the years when they were the Aints, the butt of ridicule for NFL teams. Nice win, you guys deserved it. Wish I were in New Orleans right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Hanover
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I usually lurk and am pretty restrained. But...
WHO DAT?

Missing Louisiana more than ever. It's going to be a hell of a Mardi Gras this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
2 out of the last 2 teams to defeat a team quarterbacked by Farve in the NFC Championship have gone on to win the Super Bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the Saints and to Drew Brees, an excellent QB and class guy. It's nice for New Orleans to finally have something like this to celebrate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
2 out of the last 2 teams to defeat a team quarterbacked by Farve in the NFC Championship have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

Or another way, Favre's last two teams to make it to the Champ game barely lost to the best team in the league in OT.

It was nice to see Manning take his place as Choker Supreme though with his pic 6 to put the saints up for good. He was the original "can't win a big game QB" until these last few years. Good to see he reclaimed his crown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
It was really fantastic to witness the storyline of an ex-Packer in his pursuit of another ring with a different team this year. What a ride.

Congrats Mark Brunell. We wish we could have kept you on our roster indefinitely. We're proud of you in Green Bay.

You're right! Brunell probably wouldn't have killed the packers chances this year with a pic-six against the cards.

Oh well, you know good old Ted Thompson - don't keep anyone good around when there is a fresh new draft to gamble on coming up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
erak wrote:
2. I haven't been this happy for a non-Giants Super Bowl win since Warner took the Rams over the Titans in the game that ended so famously it was mentioned in Cast Away.

We can't be friends now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
A single observation: It's nice to have a Super Bowl where there is no conversation afterwards about the officials "deciding the game" or "missing calls." The officials were accurate and overall let the 2 teams play the game. No ridiculous roughing-the-passer calls, no ticky-tacky pass interference calls, and the one call they messed up was corrected on replay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Did anyone notice that the Super Bowl logo patches and stickers made everyone look like a bulk item with a "PAID" sticker at the supermarket?

Blott wrote:
...and the one call they messed up was corrected on replay.

And you can't even blame the official for originally calling that pass incomplete either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
With 5:00 left to play and the Saints leading by 14, I was really sweating it. I figured that if there was anyone who could score two touchdowns that quick, it was Payton Manning.

But the Saints defense held. That goal-line stand at the end showed that the Colts weren't as good in the red zone as everyone thought. They were able to run up and down the field (Joseph Addai was racking up the yards), but were only able to score once in the final three quarters, while the Saints scored several times.

And Manning held to two three-and-outs in the second quarter, combined with the on-side kick to start the second half. That's the way to defeat the Colts: keep Manning off the field.

One of the best games in a long time -- competitive up to the very end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the Saints on a great win in an incredible game. Not bad for a team that didn't decide to show up till the second quarter. Also, let us not forget one of the most incredible things that happened yesterday. Floyd Little, "The Franchise" Denver Broncos running back from way back, is going into the Hall of Fame! Woooo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
It was really fantastic to witness the storyline of an ex-Packer in his pursuit of a ring with a different team this year. What a ride.

So fun to hear Packer fans still whining. Thank you Mr. Favre - for that alone, you were worth every penny.

Anyway, congrats to the Saints even though it seemed like a really pedestrian/bland Super Bowl. ::: shrug :::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Anyway, congrats to the Saints even though it seemed like a really pedestrian/bland Super Bowl. ::: shrug :::

Really? Bland??

1 point separated the teams going into the 4th?

A drive to tie that looked effective, nipped by a pic-6 with only minutes left?

Another drive that could have pulled them to a one-score game, setting up an onside kick to try and tie - except the defense held a once-potent offensive in a goal line stand?

A record tied for most completions by a single QB (32, Brees) and a record broken by most combined QB completions (55, if I remember right, by both Manning and Brees)?

...I wish all superbowls would be this bland!!

Seriously, even if you're not a real fan of either team, it was a great game to watch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

So fun to hear Packer fans still whining. Thank you Mr. Favre - for that alone, you were worth every penny.

Yeah, yet they will continue to claim they really do not care at all about Favre and the situation. Anyone who has taken a psych 101 class knows that is bunk.

For one to really not care anymore about something, they would never comment about the thing, even in reply, but especially, they would never bringing it up in the first place unsolicited

I am also curious to see if the same people who blamed Favre solely for the Vikings loss in the Champ game, against the best team in the league, will also blame Manning for his stupid choice to throw a Pick-6?.

Manning's throw doomed the colts way more than Favre's doomed the Vikings, no doubt about that.

I was hoping to see the Saints trash Manning's body like Favre got treated but they barely touched him and he still blew it for the colts.

No doubt he will classlessly and publically blame his lineman, again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.