Popular Tags: [View All]
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an old thread where someone had received a voucher for a microbadge from a friend. Where do I go on the geek to buy/send a voucher to someone else? Or can I directly buy a microbadge and have it sent to someone else?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One possibility is to send them 8GG with a note that links to the microbadge in question.

I suspect the forums you were looking at had to do with the microbadge auctions from last spring. MBs used to cost 15 GG. At that time, the MB admin:

Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

held a series of auctions in which the 50 highest bidders won an MB. Usually you paid 7-9 GG for a winning bid. After 20+ auctions, the price was reset to 8GG for all MBs.

In the aftermath of those daily auctions, lots of us had over a dozen MB coupons that we were holding onto. Unexpectedly, BGG stopped accepting new MB designs, so those of us who were planning to gradually use our coupon codes (received via geekmail) sold them off to people who wanted current MBs. I sold several of my codes.

Normally you don't purchase a coupon. The only time you receive one is in December if you are a BGG patron. Last year's auctions were an exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the information! It does explains the post I found.

I've posted this idea on the "suggestions for the BGG" forum. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely try your idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryuu wrote:
I saw an old thread where someone had received a voucher for a microbadge from a friend. Where do I go on the geek to buy/send a voucher to someone else? Or can I directly buy a microbadge and have it sent to someone else?
Thanks!

At the moment the simplest way to do it would to be just gift them the 8 and then they can purchase their own microbadge.

If you really want to do it anonymously then it will need the help of an admin. Admins can gift a microbadge to a user with our without a message. The would probably be gifted to the BGG Userid or something like that (I reserve the right to be corrected by someone with more expertise in the microbadge area, my expertise is limited to buying them and rotating them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. I did give the GG and my friend did get his microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.