Subject: Chit storage: Dot-Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan De Smet
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Inspired by rockhpi's mention of using storage tubes, I went looking for a set myself. I found some, but at the same time I discovered this:

Same box opened:

It's apparently a Dot • Box 32 Piece Set. It fits handily inside of the RAF box itself. It's similar to other little tackleboxes, but the individual compartments can be removed, so you can do something like this:

Closeup:

The individual cases fit well into the Luftwaffe airbases. So to set up the Lufewaffe, just take out the cases and drop them into the airbases. Use the remaining cases to hold other chits. I've used it for two games now and it has sped up setup and cleanup.

The smaller containers come in a variety of sizes. The smallest ones are basically useless; they can hold two chits. The biggest ones are unnecessarily large. (The dice are resting a cavity left behind from one of the large containers that my wife nicked to store beads.) However, there are plenty of suitably sized ones; I'm considering buying extra boxes so I can break down the British squadrons further (they're already broken down to X/10, X/12, 1-4/11, 5-7/11).

I'm no longer bothering to keep gruppen in their airbases with the correct orientation; it's a bit fiddly. Instead, ready gruppen just get tossed into the little container, gruppen waiting for the next day sit next to the container (there is plenty of space in the airbase space).

So far I just have cut up post-it notes marking them while I experiment with different organizations. Once I'm set I'll have at them with a sharpie.

All in all, I've found it quite handy and recommend it.

(Edits were getting things working the images uploaded. I'm new to the image approval system and made a few mistakes. Sorry for the bother.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.