Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play a foul or offside card even if there are no goal/attack tiles to be flipped? This could happen in 2 situations. If you only have foul/offside cards in your hand or if you are trying to save one or two good cards for later and the only have foul or offside to play.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Szymanski
Germany
Geestland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule V. b)
"Only one card may be played or discarded per turn. Note that a player may discard a card, take no action and take the top card from the face-down deck. Actions are not compulsory."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It had been a while since I had played and this came up when I was saving a 3 goals for later and had 2 foul/offside in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Derrick
United Kingdom
Coventry
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
To take this further, if a player discards any card in the Group stages of a game, the discarded cards are not added to the draw deck, they remain discarded until the KO stages when they will be shuffled into the deck.
It may be fairly obvious for some players but I am pre-empting the question that someone might raise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sderrick wrote:
To take this further, if a player discards any card in the Group stages of a game, the discarded cards are not added to the draw deck, they remain discarded until the KO stages when they will be shuffled into the deck.
It may be fairly obvious for some players but I am pre-empting the question that someone might raise.

Hmmm, I must either be misunderstanding the rules or your post above.

The rules state that (VIIIa):
the world cup game rules wrote:
For the 2002 World Cup, 2 decks of Action cards will be used for the group round - once the first deck has been exhausted the discard pile is reshuffled and placed face-down to continue the round.

Are you saying that discarded cards aren't reshuffled together with the rest of the discard pile once the first deck has been exhausted? (Why then is it called the discard pile if discarded cards don't go there?)

I 'm confused, please shed some light on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
Are you saying that discarded cards aren't reshuffled together with the rest of the discard pile once the first deck has been exhausted? (Why then is it called the discard pile if discarded cards don't go there?)

I 'm confused, please shed some light on this.

As far as I can tell, the situation is:

-if a player "uses" a card, it goes to the discard pile and it will reshuffled when needed;

-if a player "discards" a card without using it, it goes to a second discard pile that only will be shuffled with the others when the Round of 16 begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means the obvious. The discarded card goes into the discard pile, not into the draw deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.