Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to recruit the Aeol fleet in Chios ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antoine Picardat
France
Rosny-sous-Bois
flag msg tools
Playing a game on Saturday, a question arose on how to recruit the Aeol fleet (Spartant ally) :

1 if the Spartan draws that unit, can he just place it in Chios, thus taking control of the city,
or
2. does he need to have control first, thanks to a revolt or a capture (after a siege) ?

In the fisrt case, it makes control really easy. In the second case it makes deployment of the unit virtualy impossible : it requires to control the city AND to draw the unit before the Athenian recaptures Chios.

Thank you.

(PS : forgive my English, I don't have the fluency of a mother-tongue user).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Grattan
Australia
Penshurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alternative 1 is correct

However, there is a minor variation in the two provisions that deal with this. Rule 4.22 states that the rebel fleet can be placed in either location, "(if vacant) capturing it", whereas the provision in the sidebar on page 6 states that the rebel fleet can be placed in either location "(when not occupied by Athens), capturing it".

I assume that a rebel fleet can be placed even if the selected location contains a Spartan unit or garrison, as and has thus already been captured. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Picardat
France
Rosny-sous-Bois
flag msg tools
Thanks.
I am sorry for aking a question which was already answered in tne rules blush

Just a related question :
1.does the Spartan has to build a garrison (using an action)
or
2.is the garrison created spontaneously in the case of a siege, has in any home or allied city ?
I would anser 1, but what do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgul, I also assume that.

El Condor, since the border color of Aeolian Islands is white, these Cities are Loyal to Athens (Opposing to Spartha): Spartha must pay 1 action to recruit a Detached Garrison there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both points Carlos. Thanks.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Picardat
France
Rosny-sous-Bois
flag msg tools
Thanks to you all guys !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.