Subject: Thumbs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
While trying to figure out if there was a way I could see or not the same human being had thumbed both of my two posts, I noticed it is possible to "thumbs up" your own posts. (Good thing there's a thumb removal option!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayvn7 wrote:
While trying to figure out if there was a way I could see or not the same human being had thumbed both of my two posts, I noticed it is possible to "thumbs up" your own posts. (Good thing there's a thumb removal option!)

As far as I know this is intended, and no BUG at all...

It's not because you can that you have to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayvn7 wrote:

Raven, to see who thumbed your contribution click on the green number next to the thumb; that will bring up a list of who thumbed and tipped your contribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dumbname
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i was playing around with the self-thumbing to see what it really did.

it does NOT count toward your "thumbs received" number, but DOES count toward your "thumbs given" number.

i figure your posts should automatically be self-thumbed, since you probably like what you had to say. most of the time.

(dr jekyll and mr hyde will disagree (with me and with each other), but that's too bad for him/them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason this is intended is that thumbs were used for polling before polls were implemented, and thumbs are still used for voting across posts or GeekList entries. For example, in the big BGG suggestion thread, thumbs are votes to implement a particular idea. So, sometimes thumbing your own post is appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Johnson
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Tall_Walt wrote:
The reason this is intended is that thumbs were used for polling before polls were implemented, and thumbs are still used for voting across posts or GeekList entries. For example, in the big BGG suggestion thread, thumbs are votes to implement a particular idea. So, sometimes thumbing your own post is appropriate.

Isn't pretty much automatic that if you post an idea in a suggestion topic, that you like the idea and want it implemented? :O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rayvn7 wrote:
Isn't pretty much automatic that if you post an idea in a suggestion topic, that you like the idea and want it implemented? :O

What if I made a hypothetical suggestion I wasn't certain I liked?

That I can think of a solution to a problem doesn't mean that I think that solution is best, or even good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.