Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb

After checking my components, I realized that the yellow card "Score" (see a picture in the card inventory on page 18 of the rules) is missing in my German version of SoS. A total card count confirmed this, since on the box stands that 75 cards come with the game but only 74 cards where in my original shrinkwrapped deck.

Since I have received no reply yet from the distributor about this, I thought I would ask here if this card is missing in the English boxes too.

P.S. my AtB card deck has this card, so I assume it should be in the SoS card deck too, but a confirmation would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
The English deck as Score in it. 75 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Send Uwe an e-mail and I'm sure he'll send you an extra.

While you're waiting, you certainly won't miss out on it - none of the current firefights use it (and if one did, it would be easy to substitute a different card for it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike and James for confirming. I know it is not used in the current firefights, but who knows about the future? Paying the full price like the English players, I think the German players have the right to get a complete game with all its components, too. Anyway, we are in contact with the German publisher Phalanx Games about this, I just wanted to make sure that this card was not removed on purpose after printing the inventory, then it would be futile to claim it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yalnin wrote:
Thanks Mike and James for confirming. I know it is not used in the current firefights, but who knows about the future? Paying the full price like the English players, I think the German players have the right to get a complete game with all its components, too. Anyway, we are in contact with the German publisher Phalanx Games about this, I just wanted to make sure that this card was not removed on purpose after printing the inventory, then it would be futile to claim it.

I was confused by this thread as I counted my cards when I got them and it was 75 cards.
So I checked again: I suppose the "Score" card is "Wertung" in German?
I got that card, so it's not being left out completely in the German version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai von der Aa
Germany
Nuremberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right Thomas, the problem with the missing card just belongs to some of the German version. In my box the card is also not included...

I counted my cards two times an there were only 74 cards and certainly no card "Score" (German "Wertung") was there. Yesterday I played SoS and while handling the cards I hold the missing card in my hand!!! I'm not certain if Pat Braun sneaks in my house last night and put the missing card in the box or if I just was to stupid to see and count...but so there is no problem with a missing card at last (in my box).

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading Kai's post I checked the cards again - and he is right, the card I missed was there, hardly notable glued to the previous card. Unfortunately, it was stuck so firmly to the backside of the other card, that although I tried to separate it carefully with a knife, I could not avoid that the back of the other card was slightly damaged (the glue ripped off a spot of the color backside). Well, now I have the missing card, but instead the other one is marked so that it can be identified on the covered stack while playing if you know about it.

Whatever... I am too tired now of claiming all the other still unsolved troubles of the Phalanx German edition without getting replies, so I think I will just leave it like it is and draw my conclusions from this for my future relations with this company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Haas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my english version the Score Card was missing, too - so I thought. After reading the former post I checked my cards again and found the missing card, sticking behind another card. I was able to divide them without damage. It seems to be a problem no only in the german version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.